Simtex Vinyl Cleaner & Protectant?

KSM

Reaction score
I have a 2021 20SFV. Any recommendations for cleaner and protectant for her Simtex viny? Right now I’m using Fantastic. Works pretty well as a cleaner but I’m sure there are other owners here who can recommend a better product. Thanks!

Not sure this is helpful since you’ve been using the Fantastic, but the manufacturer cleaning instructions are attached below. For us, ours cleans up good as new with simple Dawn dish soap and water as recommended. I’ve had a couple spots here or there over time, but have been able to just scrub them out a little more diligently.

Attachments

• Bennington Simtex.pdf
    461.9 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: KSM
I use 303 Multi Surface Cleaner on everything. Everything. Except the logs which have Sharkhide.

Not sure this is helpful since you’ve been using the Fantastic, but the manufacturer cleaning instructions are attached below. For us, ours cleans up good as new with simple Dawn dish soap and water as recommended. I’ve had a couple spots here or there over time, but have been able to just scrub them out a little more diligently.
Well thanks Viking. My dealer didn’t give me the literature on fabric care. Having read the piece, I’ll spot clean with Fantastik as needed after a soapy bucket of Ivory soap water.

How do you like the vmax on your 20 footer? What’s your top speed?
VMAX looks better, in my opinion, then the multitude of gray Yamaha's at my marina. I can't compare the gray to the VMAX, but my top speed is 27 miles per hour at 6200 RPMs.

VMAX looks better, in my opinion, then the multitude of gray Yamaha's at my marina. I can't compare the gray to the VMAX, but my top speed is 27 miles per hour at 6200 RPMs.
I have the 2021 yamaha 90 and the top speed is 22 mph at 6100 rpm

I have the 2021 yamaha 90 and the top speed is 22 mph at 6100 rpm
Same boat as mine? 20-foot, dual logs? In my experience, that seems a bit on the low end. Check out the specs in my signature and compare them to yours. Not sure if the under deck wave Shield makes that big of a difference (preventing surging). The prop could be the issue. But, if you are hitting 6100 RPM, it sounds like a good prop. The Vmax might give me one or two extra miles per hour, but it really is better for holeshot, I don't think it can make that big of a difference in top speed. The only time I max out of 22 miles per hour is when I have four or five people on the boat and a couple of coolers.

Last edited:
Reactions: KSM
Back