Simtex

I can appreciate the frustration with them and how pictures don’t do it justice. I speculated in another thread, but may be off due to what you said above.

Sorry to hear about your situation and hope something can correct it easily.

Hey. Sorry to hear your having problems. I found this online from spardling. This is for permablock which I think is Simtex. Someone may need to verify this. This goes on to give you more cleaning options. Again please make sure Simtex is permablock or permablock is the protectant used on Simtex. Hope it can help you.

Nice find. I really like it has some of the technical characteristics and info about Simtex I had not seen before.

I have consolidated some posts from the OP and replies from two other threads into this one since bits and pieces of the inquiry, suggestions, and further details were being spread out in multiple threads.

Addressing question asked to me from OP in another thread:
(1) If a material or construction defect in some way, you have a 10 year warranty via Bennington. You go through an authorized Bennington dealer for warranty inquiries and issues.

(2) If user error/damage, or environmental damage, then it could be potentially an insurance claim depending on extent of damage vs. deductible. However, these would not be warranty coverage issues for somewhat obvious reasons.

Questions raised by OP or member responses that would need answers or more clarity for any of us to further advise:
(1) Sounds like you’ve done the Dawn dish soap. Have you done the other above manufacturer recommended Simtex cleaning options? The 409 or Fantastic with water cleaning instructions? If not, try them next. They may resolve your issues completely. Hoping they do…good luck!

(2) You mention tree sap coming down on it in your canal location. Boat always covered? Spots from tree sap? If not, what are they from? They are from something as the boat would not have come that way. This sap issue sounds so frustrating…yikes! My heart goes out to you having to deal with it. Knowing what is getting on the fabric and causing spotting will likely be helpful in cleaning them or eliminating them somehow.

(3) Is it kept covered to protect from sap or other droppings? For future mitigation, this may become essential nearly all the time depending on location and the tree sap issue you mentioned.

(4) You stated a protectorant was added to seating. Did you do this or dealer? If dealer, it may be a warrantied product and process. If so, follow up would probably need to come from the protectorant company now. May be a blessing, or added problem. But unfortunately may be the situaiton now. Have you inquired about this specifically with dealerships IF they applied it? What response and direction did you get?

(5) If you applied the protectorant yourself aftermarket, and it’s not on the approved list above (don’t actually believe there are any that are approved), you may have compromised manufacturer warranty. Not saying either way, but it‘s possible. If so, my guess is it would likely make most further issues insurance claims.

(6) You mention follow up with dealer, and them not being helpful. Have they actually looked at it? Was the source or the problem explained to them. Was the problem diagnosed? What did they do or say? I too have not had the best dealership experiences in this regard, but at the same time, I am assuming there is more to it than they ignored you completely. But if they did, or are refusing to even try to evaluate the situation, go to the next closest authorized Bennington dealer for assistance as JCR advised above. Off season is coming up, so the perfect time for a dealer to take a more detailed evaluative look at it.

My Final Thoughts:
From the sounds of it, and this is without a lot of details, it seems like something has gotten onto the Simtex and is causing some level of staining or spotting now. Bennington is not a direct to customer company, just like GM, Ford, etc… are not. You have to go through an authorized Bennington dealership for service, repair, warranty, etc… If your current dealership is not helping, you can try another.

However, as Semper mentiond above, there are a lot of missing details. As Jcr mentioned above, there is a lot left out, and if user error [or Mother Nature, tree sap for example], fess up so as to get better advice and assistance. For instance, did the dealership turn down any warranty assistance because it is tree sap? That’s not really a bad dealer or Bennington‘s fault…that is a Mother Nature problem; that is an outside of warranty mishap; that is an insurance claim, not a warranty claim.
Just an update on my Simtex issues. I had white spotting on my Simtex throughout the entire boat. I bought it in 2021. I filed a claim for warranty in the fall of 2022. It was like something was seeping from inside the material. Who knows. Anyway, lots of back and forth with my dealer throughout the winter. Final decision from Bennington was on good faith, they sent me the Simtex vinyl skins for the entire boat. I just received it. Although it costs about $5000 to install, Bennington met me half way and sent me the Simtex. I feel relieved because I was so discouraged.

Just an update on my Simtex issues. I had white spotting on my Simtex throughout the entire boat. I bought it in 2021. I filed a claim for warranty in the fall of 2022. It was like something was seeping from inside the material. Who knows. Anyway, lots of back and forth with my dealer throughout the winter. Final decision from Bennington was on good faith, they sent me the Simtex vinyl skins for the entire boat. I just received it. Although it costs about $5000 to install, Bennington met me half way and sent me the Simtex. I feel relieved because I was so discouraged.

thanks for following up! much appreciated to hear how it worked out. glad Benny was able to partially help make it right.

Back