Single or double bimini Houston

BigD

Reaction score
I hope all of you NOT using a bimini are lathering up heavy with sunscreen. Up until about 55, I thought nothing bad could happen to my skin. About 20 skin cancer surgeries later, I was wrong. And, boy, do I regret it. Please !! Sunscreen AND biminis.

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
I hope all of you NOT using a bimini are lathering up heavy with sunscreen. Up until about 55, I thought nothing bad could happen to my skin. About 20 skin cancer surgeries later, I was wrong. And, boy, do I regret it. Please !! Sunscreen AND biminis.
Oh yes…big on the sunscreen. Absolutely essential and a good reminder to all of us. Thanks for stressing it for all of us.

Now being under the bimini…that’s another matter for us. Heck, we probably only put our single curved power Bimini up about 1/3 of the time.

GWLK

Reaction score
Don't have the second Bimini deployed if you are waterskiing. I believe the rating is 15 mph.

PartyBarge

Reaction score
Good choice, duals are very common here although we have only one. Only slalom and aggressive tubing use more than 25 MPH. The caveat more wind drag for maneuvering and adding a headwind to your water speed for the limitation.

Jack M

Reaction score
I've decided to include it. Just tok hot and I should be good with it open up to 25.
You can always take it off and store it in your garage ,if you find you dont need or like it .

Timdelta

Reaction score
Are there any definitive answers for top speed with the bimini tops? I see answers “I think, I believe,” and so on. Is it different for 1 or 2, or by model year?

nickevans10

Reaction score
I'll find a definitive answer for mine and reply back to the group. I do think it depends on single or double and year model

BigKahuna

Reaction score
My wife lathers in the sunscreen, wears a long sleeve UV quick dry shirt and wears a visor under the double bimini!!!