Single or double bimini Houston

Is that written somewhere? I’ve seen several numbers.

I hope all of you NOT using a bimini are lathering up heavy with sunscreen. Up until about 55, I thought nothing bad could happen to my skin. About 20 skin cancer surgeries later, I was wrong. And, boy, do I regret it. Please !! Sunscreen AND biminis.

I hope all of you NOT using a bimini are lathering up heavy with sunscreen. Up until about 55, I thought nothing bad could happen to my skin. About 20 skin cancer surgeries later, I was wrong. And, boy, do I regret it. Please !! Sunscreen AND biminis.
Oh yes…big on the sunscreen. Absolutely essential and a good reminder to all of us. Thanks for stressing it for all of us.

Now being under the bimini…that’s another matter for us. Heck, we probably only put our single curved power Bimini up about 1/3 of the time.

Don't have the second Bimini deployed if you are waterskiing. I believe the rating is 15 mph.

Good choice, duals are very common here although we have only one. Only slalom and aggressive tubing use more than 25 MPH. The caveat more wind drag for maneuvering and adding a headwind to your water speed for the limitation.

I've decided to include it. Just tok hot and I should be good with it open up to 25.
You can always take it off and store it in your garage ,if you find you dont need or like it .

Are there any definitive answers for top speed with the bimini tops? I see answers “I think, I believe,” and so on. Is it different for 1 or 2, or by model year?

I'll find a definitive answer for mine and reply back to the group. I do think it depends on single or double and year model

My wife lathers in the sunscreen, wears a long sleeve UV quick dry shirt and wears a visor under the double bimini!!!

I have already submitted my order for a 22 LFB and currently have a double bimini ordered based on recommendation from salesman. I live in Houston where it gets very hot in the summer and he said it's the only way to go.

He also said getting in done with factory build is best way to go and cheaper than doing aftermarket.

My reservations were around the look of the double bimini and the ability to get it up and down.

I've already searched the threads here and I've heard some for and some against. Would appreciate any feedback based on my location.

Thanks!!
I found the double Bimini CRITICAL to our Arizona Heat - we never put the top down all summer. Plus if you really hate it much easier to take off than put on later!!!! Add the Bimini Cable Stays if you expect to run at speeds of over 25mph.

People in northern states giving advice on Bimini usage to southern boaters is like me telling a northerner how to handle snow. ;)

Kidding aside, we have a single Bimini and it goes up as soon as I pull it from the slip and it stays up. I prefer the single only because we like having sun areas for the sun lovers, but a Bimini is critical. Simply, we could not take the boat out without it.

Sincerely
Texas boater.

Don't have the second Bimini deployed if you are waterskiing. I believe the rating is 15 mph.
Actually, the tag says they are rated for up to 30mph, over 30mph with the cable stays. We were doing 40 plus all summer with our double Bimini and cable stays.

Attachments

• Bimini Cable Stays Speed Note Over 30.JPG
    Bimini Cable Stays Speed Note Over 30.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2021-07-04 09.48.10 Bimini Speed.jpg
    2021-07-04 09.48.10 Bimini Speed.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 9
Back