Ski Pylon

Ishoot308

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Ski Pylon from a single engine QX model will fit in a 2024 twin engine Q?? The pylon for the older QX was in the rear of the center pontoon, the pylons for the newer twins are in each outer pontoon.

Reason I ask is I have a flagpole that I made for the older QX that fits perfectly where the Ski Pylon was...I would like to use it on my new Q twin...Both boats are currently in storage.

I would assume the ski pylons are interchangeable between boats...Anyone know for sure??

Thanks!

Dan

If you want to know for sure ,here is the contact number for Bennington .
BENNINGTON United States & Canada: 888-906-2628

I believe they are as I have two Harbor Freight flag poles that I use on my Twin QView attachment 35385
How did you get HF poles to stand vertical? When I put mine in the center tube in front of motor, it leans back pretty far

How did you get HF poles to stand vertical? When I put mine in the center tube in front of motor, it leans back pretty far
A PVC coupler goes over where the pylon goes into through the deck and then the flag pole goes into the coupler. Can't use them at any actual speed other than a putt. But they work well for raft up's or tie ups and easy for friends to find us. When people cross the sterns I have to watch and readjust as they will hold and twist the section which causes the section to come down a bit. But it's easy to readjust. The PVC coupler can at times be difficult to remove once in a while but a little wiggle and jiggle and I take them out and put them away until next time.

A PVC coupler goes over where the pylon goes into through the deck and then the flag pole goes into the coupler. Can't use them at any actual speed other than a putt. But they work well for raft up's or tie ups and easy for friends to find us. When people cross the sterns I have to watch and readjust as they will hold and twist the section which causes the section to come down a bit. But it's easy to readjust. The PVC coupler can at times be difficult to remove once in a while but a little wiggle and jiggle and I take them out and put them away until next time.
That’s cool, I’ll have to look into a coupler. So far I found the best solution for us was to use 3 tie downs and strap it to the ski pylon. It’s not the prettiest method but works for now. We have been full speed with it up and hasn’t snapped…. Yet….

Also am investigating two sections of aluminum pipe weldeded together. One slips over pylon and the flag can slide in the other. Haven’t gotten around to find the proper pipes.

My flag poles are 12’ in length. The main pole is a 2 1/2” diameter anodized aluminum tube same diameter as the pylon but at the bottom I inserted a 1 3/4 “ piece of solid aluminum round so it literally fits exactly as the pylon. The pin that holds the pylon also holds my flag pole in place and keeps it from bouncing out. It works great!

Back