ski pylon

water dog

Reaction score
I have been having trouble raising and lowering the ski tow bar. I have a 2008 2277 RFSI I would like to know if there is any kind of lubricant I can use to make it work smoother.

Thanks Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been having trouble raising and lowering the ski tow bar. I have a 2008 2277 RFSI I would like to know if there is any kind of lubricant I can use to make it work smoother.

Thanks Tom
Hi Water Dog,

There may be metal shavings in the base of the pylon, which is causing it to lock up. If you can, remove the pylon and clean the base. If you cannot, your dealer can help. If it still continues to be a problem, it is warrantied for replacement. Please contact your dealer for assistance. Thanks! TB

Once you get it squared away, I'd suggest the dry teflon spray that is sold for drawers. Most bigger hardware stores have it.

Hi Water Dog,

There may be metal shavings in the base of the pylon, which is causing it to lock up. If you can, remove the pylon and clean the base. If you cannot, your dealer can help. If it still continues to be a problem, it is warrantied for replacement. Please contact your dealer for assistance. Thanks! TB
Thanks TB for the info. The dealer put a new one on last year. It worked the rest of the year, but now it is really hard to move up and down.

Thanks again

Tom

Thanks TB for the info. The dealer put a new one on last year. It worked the rest of the year, but now it is really hard to move up and down.

Thanks again

Tom
Still under warranty! Really sorry you are still having trouble. Please let the dealer try again if a lubricant doesn't help. Sounds like something is jamming the base. TB

Last edited:
Back