Ski Tow Bar or Ski Pylon

Twist and then pull up.

The very top of the ski pylon on our 2019 QSB has a place to use a 3/8" Allen wrench. Is this to assist in removal of the ski pylon? I saw the post from a different post string that said it needs to be turned clockwise so I am going to try that.

The very top of the ski pylon on our 2019 QSB has a place to use a 3/8" Allen wrench. Is this to assist in removal of the ski pylon? I saw the post from a different post string that said it needs to be turned clockwise so I am going to try that.
No, the Allen screw has nothing to do with pylon removal. Turn the pylon clockwise and it will loosen allowing you to pull up. It may be tough to turn because of crud buildup. See my post #34 in this thread for a pic of the receptacle with the pylon removed. It will show you what you are dealing with.

No, the Allen screw has nothing to do with pylon removal. Turn the pylon clockwise and it will loosen allowing you to pull up. It may be tough to turn because of crud buildup. See my post #34 in this thread for a pic of the receptacle with the pylon removed. It will show you what you are dealing with.

Actually I saw the your post that you referenced and it was very helpful getting mine out (thanks). Do you know what the allen head is for? It definitely helped me getting it out without having to use pipe wrench or channel locks and marring the pylon (I didn't have a strap wrench).

Do you know what the allen head is for? It definitely helped me getting it out without having to use pipe wrench or channel locks and marring the pylon (I didn't have a strap wrench).

You're welcome and I do not know what the Allen head is for.

Back