Ski Tow Bar vs. Turboswing

Timberlake Mark

Reaction score
My rig came without a tow bar. Looking at options. My neighbors loves his TurboSwing. Would love some opinions on a traditional tow bar and the Turboswing. Thanks!
A6744916-4FC0-43A2-BBF5-6F9B2F10A436.jpeg

We love our turboswing! We had the dealer install it when we bought our boat as the original owner didn’t order the boat with a tow bar or ski post. It doesn’t take up any back deck space and works very well for towing tubers, etc. One thing to be aware of is you’ll need a booster ball for tubers to keep the rope out of the wake because the tow point is closer to the water than on a tow bar or ski post.

We really like our turbo swing. We dont use a booster ball, and at least with our Super Mable, we dont have big issues with the rope in the wake. It might depend on your hull, hp, and tube. Anyhow, we love it. I like have the rear aft deck clear. The turbo swing is also super easy to add on (bolts onto engine mount brackets. It also has a higher two rating that the traditional tow bars. I’d go with it again.

We just got our ski bar installed. I'll point out a few good points about it. The price is similar after installation so I think it's a wash. We having the extended deck so I don't feel it's in the way. Our dock neighbor has the standard deck and I could see how it could be in the way a little. We looked at the turbo swing because our dealer was back ordered on ski bars. It seemed a little low for my liking.

1) Our lake can be choppy so it gives me something to hold onto while helping riders on and off
2) We inflate our tube at the dock and lean it against the tow bar while underway so it frees up room in the boat
3) we hang life jackets, ropes, floats off of it to drain/dry
4) It looks cool
5) Gives us something to hold onto while cleaning out the fins that get clogged with seaweed
6) I don't have to kneel down to grab the rope. It's high up so I can easily grab it to pull someone in
7) Easy to attach/unattached the rope because of the height

I'll think some more.

We just got our ski bar installed. I'll point out a few good points about it. The price is similar after installation so I think it's a wash. We having the extended deck so I don't feel it's in the way. Our dock neighbor has the standard deck and I could see how it could be in the way a little. We looked at the turbo swing because our dealer was back ordered on ski bars. It seemed a little low for my liking.

1) Our lake can be choppy so it gives me something to hold onto while helping riders on and off
2) We inflate our tube at the dock and lean it against the tow bar while underway so it frees up room in the boat
4) It looks cool
5) Gives us something to hold onto while cleaning out the fins that get clogged with seaweed
6) I don't have to kneel down to grab the rope. It's high up so I can easily grab it to pull someone in

I'll think some more.
Do you use a booster ball with it? Or is it good without?

4) It looks cool

I'll think some more.
I’ll second all that. Mine did not come with turbo swing as it was already an in stock Boat, but ski bar is awesome addition for a bunch of other reasons as well. We pull a 3 person tube and it works awesome. We rest the tube on there when we’re underway.

I like our ski bar for all of the above reasons, plus I can mount fishing rod holders on it. However, the dealer warned me that it was possible for the Yamaha 250 to contact the support frame and damage the cowl if I trimmed the motor all the way up with the wheel turned all the way (to the left, I think). I've never tested that.

Back