Ski Tow Bar

rstelter

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best place to get a Ski Tow Bar for my swing back? the Only Bennington dealer near me has quoted me $1300 after freight cost. That's without installation and I thought it just seemed a bit pricey

Does anyone know the best place to get a Ski Tow Bar for my swing back? the Only Bennington dealer near me has quoted me $1300 after freight cost. That's without installation and I thought it just seemed a bit pricey
Have you considered a Turbo Swing, or are you looking to specifically add a Tow Bar? We did a Turbo Swing instead of a Tow Bar with our order in 2017 after having it strongly recommended by someone I knew at the boat dealership. They said I’d probably love it, and it is rated to handle more pull weight/stress than the Tow Bars. Anyway, they were right. It keeps our entire extended aft deck clear, but is rated for more pull weight, which is perfect for heavy duty tub towing/water sports (3-4 person towable’s towing all ages and sizes..

Also, and a bonus, it just bolts onto your engine mount brackets on the transome. Thus, very easy to add onto a pontoon. If not familiar with them, here are various angles of ours. It is the silver bar wrapping around the motor. FYI, they are not cheap either, so not sure you would save too much money compared to the quote above. When we bought our boat, it was actually much more expensive than putting on the standard tow bar.
0A662478-6FAD-40FF-845D-AC41DCE4335D.jpeg37393039-CE47-4572-B484-A6893DEA77CF.jpeg3ABE8320-F9E9-46DC-8DD6-DC8CEF01D6D2.jpegD2D88150-6991-4184-B1A5-D8104F0E7EA5.jpegD5385257-F521-4062-B33F-D22D676E3572.jpeg

Have you considered a Turbo Swing, or are you looking to specifically add a Tow Bar? We did a Turbo Swing instead of a Tow Bar with our order in 2017 after having it strongly recommended by someone I knew at the boat dealership. They said I’d probably love it, and it is rated to handle more pull weight/stress than the Tow Bars. Anyway, they were right. It keeps our entire extended aft deck clear, but is rated for more pull weight, which is perfect for heavy duty tub towing/water sports (3-4 person towable’s towing all ages and sizes..

Also, and a bonus, it just bolts onto your engine mount brackets on the transome. Thus, very easy to add onto a pontoon. If not familiar with them, here are various angles of ours. It is the silver bar wrapping around the motor. FYI, they are not cheap either, so not sure you would save too much money compared to the quote above. When we bought our boat, it was actually much more expensive than putting on the standard tow bar.
View attachment 31826View attachment 31827View attachment 31828View attachment 31829View attachment 31830
Have always liked your boat! Looks great! What is the status on it?!?

Have always liked your boat! Looks great! What is the status on it?!?
Thanks. We really love our boat. Just kills us having went a season without it due to the issue/repairs and part delays.

Going into mid-Dec we were still waiting on the main electrical harness that runs from aft fuse box/perko switch to the helm. All other parts had been received by that point.

The boat/motor had been re-prepped for winter and the Benny was put into storage. Still in a state of disassembly for repairs: electrical system semi-taken apart, underskirting still all removed, as well as the Sea Legs still removed. With so many lose parts, and it ”moved” into storage, I am a bit nervous about it all.

I head back up to the lake house next week and am going to stop in to the dealerhship and check on all of it. It would be nice to find out they have all the parts…finally…and come spring can reassemble it all.
They kept reassuring me all fall they‘d have it set by spring, but given it was not set after 7 months as is, I‘m skeptical of their assurances.

Leaning on my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks. We really love our boat. Just kills us having went a season without it due to the issue/repairs and part delays.

Going into mid-Dec we were still waiting on the main electrical harness that runs from aft fuse box/perko switch to the helm. All other parts had been received by that point.

The boat/motor had been re-prepped for winter and the Benny was put into storage. Still in a state of disassembly for repairs: electrical system semi-taken apart, underskirting still all removed, as well as the Sea Legs still removed. With so many lose parts, and it ”moved” into storage, I am a bit nervous about it all.

I head back up to the lake house next week and am going to stop in to the dealerhship and check on all of it. It would be nice to find out they have all the parts…finally…and come spring can reassemble it all.
They kept reassuring me all fall they‘d have it set by spring, but given it was not set after 7 months as is, I‘m skeptical of their assurances.

Leaning on my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed.
We waited a little over a year for that motor casing from Mercury to come in. Just found out that the mechanic assigned to install it was in the hospital with Covid the whole month of January. I told them to keep it until spring. No rush. Hope it all works out for you expeditiously.....I know you don't want to miss another season!

Look under my posts Flying Butch I did the whole thing for $300. Pull tubes, boards and two skiers, Works great

the factory ski tow bars are also not rated for tubes. the turboswing is. i'm going to be putting a turboswing on mine when it gets here.
Did you get your pontoon last year? If so can I ask what the price was for the dealer to add the turbo swing? We are building one now and I’m leaning heavily towards getting the turbo swing!

the factory ski tow bars are also not rated for tubes. the turboswing is. i'm going to be putting a turboswing on mine when it gets here.
I was told the Ski Pylon IS rated for tubes at 2,500 and I believe consistent with other posts. Not sure about the ski tow cages.

Back