Slainte

Reaction score
Does anyone have this with their boat cover?  There is no puddling in the cover on the port side of the boat covering the front seats, but there is a lot of puddling on the starboard side of the boat covering those front seats, and I am wondering if perhaps the cover was cut improperly and has too much slack in it on that side.  Has anyone had this experience?  As stated in earlier post, this is a very new boat and I will bring this up to the dealer, but wondering if this is a chronic condition with the stock covers that come with the Benningtons.

Mine fits great and has not exhibited the problem you mention. If you have properly installed it and adjusted the poles, then most certainly have your dealer step in. If it truly is defective, it'll be replaced under warranty. Hang in there...

What a coincidence, our boat's name is Slainte! We've not had the problems you're describing. I did adjust the poles a couple of times to get the runoff. 

No puddling in mine, but the cover is on under a boat house.

Only time I had any puddling in the front was when the front pole collapsed. Otherwise never a problem. 

I snap the cover on and then go under and raise the poles.  I raise the poles until the cover is pretty taunt and then lock in the poles.  I have never had any puddling except for the one time my pole collapsed.  I tightened the pole screw and have never had a problem since

We had this exact same problem when we received our new mooring cover (replaced under warranty).  Dealer made some modifications, solved the problem.

Link:  I do the same thing with the cover and the port side is fine but the starboard side sags.  I think perhaps we need to do what Sean A. did - get the dealer to make some modifications.

Thanks!

Back