Snaps or Clips

same here +1  This was a must for my wife and we love them. We hated putting the cover , I added the extended AFT deck too, makes it very easy.  If your boat stays in the water the  extended AFT deck is a must on putting a cover on...10 mins is about right. Well worth every penny
x2 on the AFT deck as well.  Especially since we dock on the port side of the boat, so the aft deck allows easy access to the stern door.  After the last few cover clips are on, crawl through the stern door to put the poles up, then out through the door and clip to the door.

I think when my wife helps we are getting closer to 5 minutes to put the cover on.  Had incentive to work faster though,  since there were storm clouds approaching the last two times.  Helps to roll it up consistently the same way when taking it off.  We roll it up from stern to bow, up onto the front of the seats, then roll the bow cover part up onto it so the snap end is on top.  Then fold it 3x and put it in a 28gallon plastic tote.

When we put the cover on, we lay it across the front of the seats, and flip the front deck cover down.  Wife stands on front deck and starts snapping it down, while I start unrolling it back and fastening the starboard clips.  She can do the port side clips from the dock, so it doesn't take long to get it buttoned up.

Start installing the poles as you clip the top.  I never climb under the cover.  I do the top by myself.  I start at the stern and clip the back of the boat.  Stick #4 pole in the top and snap both sides till I get to #3 pole. The rolled up top is ahead of the upright pole which keeps the pole inplace till I can get the sides snapped.  If it is on the trailer, I snap every 5th or 6th snap till i get to the front of the boat and do the rest from the ground. 

Start installing the poles as you clip the top.  I never climb under the cover.  I do the top by myself.  I start at the stern and clip the back of the boat.  Stick #4 pole in the top and snap both sides till I get to #3 pole. The rolled up top is ahead of the upright pole which keeps the pole inplace till I can get the sides snapped.  If it is on the trailer, I snap every 5th or 6th snap till i get to the front of the boat and do the rest from the ground. 
I used to do it this way, and then figured out that it took alot less time if put all the clip on (on both sides) do the snaps up front, then crawl under the cover after to put the poles in.   I also do this on my lift and I do not have access to the starboard side on our pier.  Made it alot easier by crawling under afterwards to put the poles in.

Clips here with just the snaps on the corners. Mine has been very secure during very windy conditions. As long as you are careful when removing the cover they will last. They are a big time saver.

LOVE my clips......my 2011 RCW was all snaps and after a beautiful day on the water,I'd work up a huge sweat struggling with all the snaps.With the clips,you don't even need to use all of them unless a storm is coming.Fast and easy to fasten a few clips and hook up the Velcro around the sport arch.

Back