Snowing so no boating. :-(

I'm in CNY also and these are days when my wife and I look at each other and ask why we are not in North Carolina yet.  

Current temp Lake Front 41 F in Ohio

Freeze Warning has been posted for tonight

Boat Is In The Water 

Do I need to worry about the Yamaha 90 HP with temps down to 27 F

I always have motor and prop raised out of water when docked

I am sure the Lake will not freeze

Concerned about water in motor freezing and causing damage

Tomorrow temps 63F

107175344.jpg

Freeze Warning

East Central Ohio

Low temperatures, will range from the mid 20s in the highest ridges, and from 29 to 32 elsewhere ... Impacts: unprotected outdoor plants will likely be damaged or killed.

2 hours ago – National Weather Service

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in CNY also and these are days when my wife and I look at each other and ask why we are not in North Carolina yet.  

I was thinking about heading to Cayuga Lake as soon as it warms up. My previous boat I used mostly on Owasco. I have been out on that once when I picked up my boat. Are you north or south Cayuga? What Bennington model and color are you? Maybe we will come across each other this summer.  :)

We got a few flurries here today too.. I think were supposed to get a freeze tonight... Scared about the boat sitting in the water with the temps were supposed to get tonight :/ 

It's a little chillier here today too. We were in the low 80's yesterday but only made it to about 68 today. Still a lot of boats on the lake.......

The Lake will not FREEZE 

But water in the motor ?

I'm thinking about running to Walmart and buying an electric blanket to wrap motor in

Thinking better safe than sorry 

What are my northern neighbors doing ?

1189429_Mushroom

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wanting 100 F but I sure would be happy with 80 during the day and 66 at night

Lets hope Memorial Day Weekend brings warm temps with no precipitation 

I am so ready to enjoy good weather 

129506317.jpg

Current temp Lake Front 41 F in Ohio

Freeze Warning has been posted for tonight

Boat Is In The Water 

Do I need to worry about the Yamaha 90 HP with temps down to 27 F

I always have motor and prop raised out of water when docked

I am sure the Lake will not freeze

Concerned about water in motor freezing and causing damage

Tomorrow temps 63F

Freeze Warning

East Central Ohio

Low temperatures, will range from the mid 20s in the highest ridges, and from 29 to 32 elsewhere ... Impacts: unprotected outdoor plants will likely be damaged or killed.

2 hours ago – National Weather Service

Pittsburgh I think I remember someone saying that if it is cold to leave your prop in the water

I remember asking the same question a year or two ago and couldn't remember the answer

ALZHEIMER is approaching I am sure

Looks like we got through the night without any damage 

Fingers crossed 

ER-Header.jpg

Sharkhide will provide an extra layer of warmth...

Mad4sax, I'm on the north end.  We bought the boat from Owasco Marine and love those guys.  We were thinking of putting it in the water at Owasco but preferred the bigger lake and the ability to get over to Seneca lake by the canal.  We have the 22 SSX with the dual stern gates and unless tubing will likely always see a bunch of poles off the back. Also has lifting strakes.  Metallic sorrel color with a Yamaha 115.   As for me, you can't miss me...I'm the portly guy with the goatee.  

Hope to see you out there when the weather gets warmer!

Mad4sax, I'm on the north end.  We bought the boat from Owasco Marine and love those guys.  We were thinking of putting it in the water at Owasco but preferred the bigger lake and the ability to get over to Seneca lake by the canal.  We have the 22 SSX with the dual stern gates and unless tubing will likely always see a bunch of poles off the back. Also has lifting strakes.  Metallic sorrel color with a Yamaha 115.   As for me, you can't miss me...I'm the portly guy with the goatee.  

Hope to see you out there when the weather gets warmer!

Same here 22 SSX with dual gates and a Yamaha 115 from Owasco Marine. I was wondering if you could canel between the 2 lakes. Now I know! Thanks. 

I will keep an eye out for you. :cool:

Back