Speakers

BURRIS PROP

Reaction score
2018 Benny, Has anyone replaced speakers? Having a hard time removing grill covers. I replaced many speakers before. Does Bennington glue them on or something?

My system had six 6 1/2 Kicker speakers. I just got done replacing them all with Wet Sounds REVO 6 XS. I only had one that was hard to remove the grill. It was like the gasket between the grill and vinyl had melted. I just had to give it a good tug and it started peeling away from the vinyl.

Last edited:
Thanks, i will put more muscle into it.

Mine were hard to remove also. I rotated the grill slightly then was able to pry them off with a screwdriver. Once they come off the first time they are easier after and can be rotated to get the name squared with floor to look right.

Here is where i mounted a couple free air 10" Wet Sounds.

Attachments

• IMG_2752.JPG
    IMG_2752.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 71
FB_IMG_1475343387782.jpg20161001_133938.jpg
I put a couple wetsounds 10" free air in as well, gave a nice massage when sitting in the rear loungers!

My audio guy installed a subwoofer box in storage under dash. Fits nicely and creates great sound in all of the boat. also installed marine amp although first one, a jvc only that lasted 2 seasons, crapped out and dropped some serious coin on top of the line kicker.

Nice I ran my amp Sunday now just looking or best place put the speakers. Trying keep them
Close to the amp I put it next to the battery in the back

Are most of the stock speakers 61/2"

that’s kinda what I was thinking but put them in back of the seat one on each side one behind the helm chair too. How’s the free air sound?
The sound is great but they are bottomed out easily if too much gain is turned up at the amp. They could probably use a partition or something to make the space they are in smaller.

Back