Speakers

Railmonkey

Reaction score
Noticed one of my speakers doesn't work - how are they set up? I have two up front, left and right and one by the captains chair. How is this one speaker set up? Is it a rear speaker hook up with left and right combined?

My Sony remote is faded and now obsolete, RM-X60M best I could find out this is replaced by a CPS products remote, is this the best replacement? Doesn't have a display screen to see artist or other info.

Lots of variables.

If only one speaker does not work, check and see if your balance works on the head unit. If you get R&L sound, (not mono sound meaning all L or all R sound) then it could be the 3rd speaker, not the head unit. Hard to hear for this sometimes unless you play a song you know in stereo.

If you get mono sound and the balance only works in one direction (L or R) its most likely your head unit.

I've seen in a friends toon, the 3rd speaker is wired in parallel with either the FL or FR speakers.

OR, the head unit is 4 channels and one is unused.

It could be as simple as lifting up the seat and checking to see if the wire/wires are attached in the speaker enclosure. In my old boat when I put my anchor back under the corner seat it would hit the speaker wire from time to time dislodging it from the speaker.....

Well color me stupid, there was a fourth speaker under the table which I didn't see. Went out yesterday and traced everything out and there was a loose wire going to the amp so all good. Thought I found a replacement for the remote but after ordering was advised out of stock. Having to go with the CPS remote and do away with the read out feature.

We have Kicker system on 2021 20-S and sound barely trickles from front speakers. My son checked out wiring and all is good. Any ideas?

Back