speedometer that is gps driven

jim sacandaga

Reaction score
I currently own a 2004 227 Pontoon andwill be trading this in for a new 2275G series. I am looking at the electronic options(speedometer and fish/depth finder) and since the dealer isn't open right now and I would like to know now, I wonder if anyone has any input regarding them. I would really like something that tracks your path so if I happen to be returning at night I can retrace my steps avoiding any danger spots. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what may be the best choice to accomplish speedometer/fish and depth finder/navigation routes. Thanks

You need a GPS. I have a Humminbird that will do what you want. I would think most fish finder/GPS will do that...

I currently own a 2004 227 Pontoon andwill be trading this in for a new 2275G series. I am looking at the electronic options(speedometer and fish/depth finder) and since the dealer isn't open right now and I would like to know now, I wonder if anyone has any input regarding them. I would really like something that tracks your path so if I happen to be returning at night I can retrace my steps avoiding any danger spots. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what may be the best choice to accomplish speedometer/fish and depth finder/navigation routes. Thanks
Take a look on garmin's site and see if the upgraded GPS has waypoints, I think that is what it needs to be able to do that. I think the upgrade is the 431s.

Welcome to the forum Jim. Garmin's web site is the best place for information. The 431S and the 531s are chartplotters and fish finders. I have been wanting the same thing and my understanding is both will do exacily what you are asking. Both units can provide split screen so you can use GPS and fish sinder at the same time,

These units come with inland lakes software and will display all the navigation buoys of your lake. For about an extra $125 you can also purchase an SD card that will give you a marine eye 3-D view of what is happening below.

Jim couldn't help but notice your handle, are you boating on Sacandaga in upstate NY? We are in Mayfield and I just bought my boat from Point Breeze Marina at Saratoga Lake

A couple times a year we will trailer our boat down to the coast and relax cruising the intracoastal waterway.

We found it to be a much better option to purchase the 541s(41s series) and add lake maps to it. The coastal maps are expensive (can be several hundred) and I would have to have to purcahse at least two maybe three. If you only add one lake map it's like $10 and you can have the entire US lakes for $140 or less depending on where you shop.

If you use the coast at all it's less money to buy the lake(s) than to buy coastal maps.

Steve

Back