Spring in Michigan

Beautiful area! Congratulations!!

We just purchased a house on south end of clam near grass river. We installed a permanent dock this summer. Would you mind sharing your recommendations for bubbler? Trying to decide if I should leave my hoist in or pull it. Not concerned about dock as it is pretty well built. Thanks for any tips!! Ben
Welcome to Clam Lake! I have a 3/4 hp Kasco deicer that has worked for all 15 years with no issues. I also have a Kasco thermostat that turns the decier on when the temperature falls below 30 degrees ( this can be adjusted to what ever you want). I think one of the most inportant thing to consider is how it is installed in the water. If you follow the instructions it will protect your lift all winter.

Welcome to Clam Lake! I have a 3/4 hp Kasco deicer that has worked for all 15 years with no issues. I also have a Kasco thermostat that turns the decier on when the temperature falls below 30 degrees ( this can be adjusted to what ever you want). I think one of the most inportant thing to consider is how it is installed in the water. If you follow the instructions it will protect your lift all winter.
Where are you on the lake? I am at 7799 cottage drive. Purchased my own Kasco 3/4deicer with thermostat yesterday. I am going to leave my shorestation in the lake. Hopefully I don’t have any issues this winter! Any recommendations on kasco placement? I am thinking of using a dock mount and pointing it towards hoist in the direction of grass river at a slight angle. Ben

Where are you on the lake? I am at 7799 cottage drive. Purchased my own Kasco 3/4deicer with thermostat yesterday. I am going to leave my shorestation in the lake. Hopefully I don’t have any issues this winter! Any recommendations on kasco placement? I am thinking of using a dock mount and pointing it towards hoist in the direction of grass river at a slight angle. Ben

6Where are you on the lake? I am at 7799 cottage drive. Purchased my own Kasco 3/4deicer with thermostat yesterday. I am going to leave my shorestation in the lake. Hopefully I don’t have any issues this winter! Any recommendations on kasco placement? I am thinking of using a dock mount and pointing it towards hoist in the direction of grass river at a slight angle. Ben
6451 Crystal Springs, we are five cottages from DeWitt Marine. I would position it between the back two post and make sure it does not sit on the bottom of the lake. It should be about 6 to 8 inches off the bottom and the rope threaded on the deicer (as the instructions recommends) making the deicer operate at an angle.

Last edited:
6451 Crystal Springs, we are five cottages from DeWitt Marine. I would position it between the back two post and make sure it does not sit on the bottom of the lake. It should be about 6 to 8 inches off the bottom and the rope threaded on the deicer (as the instructions recommends) making the deicer operate at an angle.
Thanks for the tip regarding location of deicer. I like your location on Clam, great spot, stop by our cottage for a beer next time you are headed up grass river. I hope you guys are having a good start to fall! Thanks again. Ben

The same for you if you are around stop by. On the lake you will see a blue Bennington with a dark blue canopy with side curtains,

North shore of our lake 1 week ago. Annual break up and “pushing” of lake ice ashore. Fortunately, we are on the west shore and prevailing winds tend to push all this stuff away from us in the spring. Nothing but liquid water on the lake now. Wont be much longer…

4C13E0AC-A383-4547-9F7D-D6A955D9558E.jpeg

Meanwhile, this is the view from our security camera lakeside today:

5C6AEF48-D750-4A38-9EE6-E1638E689FBD.jpeg

Our dock took a beating over the winter and of course with the water level is so low, we had to lower tit on the seawall this year as well. Decided to just build new and replace it all. You can see the high water marks on the seawall and the neighbors seawall. Amazing how far the water dropped from last couple of years
Hoping there is enough water to float the boat

Attachments

• New Dock for lower water.jpg
    New Dock for lower water.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Old Dock high water.jpg
    Old Dock high water.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 31
  • water level.jpg
    water level.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 31
Yikes! Looks expensive…

North shore of our lake 1 week ago. Annual break up and “pushing” of lake ice ashore. Fortunately, we are on the west shore and prevailing winds tend to push all this stuff away from us in the spring. Nothing but liquid water on the lake now. Wont be much longer…

View attachment 34125

Meanwhile, this is the view from our security camera lakeside today:

View attachment 34126
You ready to launch that jet ski?

You ready to launch that jet ski?
To chilly for my taste. I am hoping to get back up again in early May. I will at least get it into my garage at that time. :)

You bet! Of course…Shanty Creek in Bellaire, MI and now Shorts Brewing Co has really put it on the map.

Our family is at the north end of the lake - Eastport, MI. My dad (next door) inspired me to buy a Bennington as he owns and enjoys his too.

I don’t know Houghton Lake very well, but we do know the Green & White! We’re ALL Spartans…4 generations. We have two at MSU now and live in Okemos, MI. Go Green!
Go White! And Sparty On!

Back