Squirrel ate my Simtex

kclindy

Reaction score
I just purchased my second Bennington Pontoon last year. A squirrel has decide to munch a hole in my Simtex bench seat. Bennington can replace the whole bench for $1500 or a new cover for $500. I am considering buying a yard of the material and repairing locally. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm afraid to replace and have another squirrel damage again. Anybody have any luck getting rid of squirrels?tempImage8z9Qqc.jpg

A pellet gun works. I had them get into my boat, my electrical in the boathouse, and various other things that were outside. I had no problem thinning them out some. My damage in the boat was not nearly as bad as yours, but they may have got into your wiring as well. Do a thorough check. My insurance would not cover damage from squirrels.

I use dryer sheets and moth balls , a friend of mine uses Rat Traps . You will also get a few comments on the correct size caliber to use .:cool:

sorry to hear. I took my old boat to an upholstery shop the dealer recommended and they did a great job Repairing my seats. Wildlife is a challenge. Sounds like a few good suggestions to try so you don’t have to keep repairing.

I use dryer sheets and moth balls , a friend of mine uses Rat Traps . You will also get a few comments on the correct size caliber to use .:cool:
I left everything open on the boat and uncovered to eliminate the shelter. I placed moth balls and poison pellets. Got one squirrel. All I can say is check your boats.

I can't even imagine the horror of seeing that chewed up like that. .177 hollow point, a 12 pack and a comfy chair with a bowl of mixed bird seed out in the yard and plink away.

I'm with Jack. Mothballs throughout the boat especially possible entry points. Dryer sheets too. Keep your mooring cover tight and try to "seal" or block entry points. Mice got in my 1st boat, a bowrider and chewed up all of my dock lines but left the upholstery alone. Never had a problem with our pontoon boats ....

I left everything open on the boat and uncovered to eliminate the shelter. I placed moth balls and poison pellets. Got one squirrel. All I can say is check your boats.
Leaving your boat uncovered ,exposed to the elements could cause warranty issues down the line .

A vinyl upholstery stick-on patch on would probably get you through a season or two until you were sure to have this issue solved! You would be the only one to notice in that spot.

Back