SQUIRRELS!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
So the wife and I were doing a bunch of yard work today, and this friggin squirrel kept chirping away at us. It's been driving my Ridgebacks nuts lately, chirping from the tree, running on top of fence and back and forth on the hydro wire. Well today we found out why. We had gone inside for supper and there is a big window looking out on our backyard, and we see this squirrel come around our shed and stand on the steps, next thing we know, it squeezes through this little opening between the siding and wood garden ties that line the bottom of the shed! So I go out there trying to get it out and next thing the wife notices it on the fence, apparently it can get out somewhere around the back too. So it's chirping away going crazy back and forth on the fence,so I pulled away a couple of the ties and waited. After a little waiting game, it came down and ran in the opening. About a minute later it comes out with a baby squirrel in its mouth and runs up a tree. A little bit later it came back with the baby still in its mouth, I assume it doesn't have another nest ready. I read online that it may move them now, but it may need to make a new nest. So I had a "talk" with it and told it its got 48 hours to move! Haha I tell ya though, my frigging dogs were going nuts trying to find it after! What a day what a day.

Derrick

So the wife and I were doing a bunch of yard work today, and this friggin squirrel kept chirping away at us. It's been driving my Ridgebacks nuts lately, chirping from the tree, running on top of fence and back and forth on the hydro wire. Well today we found out why. We had gone inside for supper and there is a big window looking out on our backyard, and we see this squirrel come around our shed and stand on the steps, next thing we know, it squeezes through this little opening between the siding and wood garden ties that line the bottom of the shed! So I go out there trying to get it out and next thing the wife notices it on the fence, apparently it can get out somewhere around the back too. So it's chirping away going crazy back and forth on the fence,so I pulled away a couple of the ties and waited. After a little waiting game, it came down and ran in the opening. About a minute later it comes out with a baby squirrel in its mouth and runs up a tree. A little bit later it came back with the baby still in its mouth, I assume it doesn't have another nest ready. I read online that it may move them now, but it may need to make a new nest. So I had a "talk" with it and told it its got 48 hours to move! Haha I tell ya though, my frigging dogs were going nuts trying to find it after! What a day what a day.

Derrick
That is a neat story, I'll bet you could be ( maybe are ) a writer ! That would be a cute bed-time story !

Incidently, Squirels and other rodents are known to love electrical wiring. They get up under a cover and proceed to chew on the wires.....John Deere had major night-mares with the electrical wiring on some of their equipment. They developed a spray can solution. The spray is applied similar to paint can spray. The stuff is also available at the Suzuki dealer.

Well, here's an update, we hadn't seen or heard from the squirrel since that day, so we thought it was gone.........until tonight. My Ridgebacks saw it first of course, so we threw them inside so they didn't jump the 6 foot fence to get at it, and we watched it. Next thing we know, we see it carrying a baby squirrel BACK under the shed! Turns out it had moved them out at some point. So we saw it bring one down the tree in my neighbors yard and duck under the shed, then about a minute later, here it comes with another. Now time for the sad part of the story, and I know it's only a squirrel, but I still think it's sad, I saw the squirrel come ALL the way down the trunk, usually it would jump to my fence when it was around the same height, anyway, it goes all the way down, and next thing I know, I see it back on top if the fence with another baby in its mouth, only this one isn't curled into a ball like the other ones. It's kind of looks just limp, and the squirrel went and it looked like it was moving it all around in its mouth holding it different ways and stuff, then it took it too under the shed. I'm pretty sure it fell out of the new nest that the squirrel had made in the tree, and I don't think it survived the fall. Which I'm assuming might be why the squirrel moved them back under the shed. Once again, I know it is only a squirrel, but still sad to see the momma squirrel moving it all around almost as if to revive it. And yes, I also know this means I probably have a dead squirrel rotting under my shed. Well, that's my novel for this evening!

Derrick

Derrick, I know your're stressed waiting on your boat and now the motor and trailer, but fella, maybe you need to go see a professional. Talking to squirrels ? LOL Gerrry

Well duh Gerry, my unicorns don't talk!Haha

Back