SSX20 Configuration

Brian Thate

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some suggestions and Ideas. We have a 2021 SSX20 foot rig. Love the Pontoon overall but the current seating configuration is giving me fits. It has the rear fishing seats, Rod station/Livewell and a Ski Pole for the Grandkids to Tube with. The issue I have is the Bimini placement. With the Bimini at its lowest position (stored) The fishing seats are literally useless to sit in without hitting the Bimini top. Can the Bimini be moved along the rails to a better position. Any help would be appreciated. Very frustrating to say the least.

Thank You

Hello,

Looking for some suggestions and Ideas. We have a 2021 SSX20 foot rig. Love the Pontoon overall but the current seating configuration is giving me fits. It has the rear fishing seats, Rod station/Livewell and a Ski Pole for the Grandkids to Tube with. The issue I have is the Bimini placement. With the Bimini at its lowest position (stored) The fishing seats are literally useless to sit in without hitting the Bimini top. Can the Bimini be moved along the rails to a better position. Any help would be appreciated. Very frustrating to say the least.

Thank You
We have a 2014 S20 with the rear fishing seats. We typically fish with the bimini in the radar position (up but not opened / deployed). Haven't had any issues.

I was just going to mention putting it into the radar position as well. If not deployed, that is usually how people have their bimini. Go with that and you should be all set.

They lowest position isn't meant to be utilized while people are using the boat. What other location aft or forward are you considering?

Generally I would think there is room to move it up or back any number of inches but your three brackets have to fall within some boundaries. In my case, forward is constrained by the side entry gate and aft by the panel angling downward towards. You may have plenty of room on yours.

IMG_1620.jpeg

Back