Steering Wheel Cleaner

JJLKK

Reaction score
This is from my 2013 SLMX. Like to get it cleaned before it starts pitting. Any recommendations for a good cleaner? Not sure what's it made from. I don't think it's aluminum, pretty heavy.

IMG_6539.jpeg

Last edited:
This is what the detailers use in SW Florida. Pricey, but a little goes a long way.

Attachments

• F6B663A7-A72D-458C-BCB2-A4DE5D69982D.png
    F6B663A7-A72D-458C-BCB2-A4DE5D69982D.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 27
Been using Brasso metal/aluminum polish for years! Inexpensive and works great! Have polished all metal fixtures on the boat to include the cleats and ski tow bar.Screenshot_20220909-232935.png Used to polish my badge with it too!

Flitz is another aluminum polish you can try. It doesn't take much weather or salt air to make these wheels look like yours does...and its a bit of work to polish it out.

Another option is to simply upgrade to a brand new Bennington woodgrain wheel for a hint over $100 on eBay. Not much more than the cost of the polish! :) Same style as yours. You can either keep you hub for ease of installation, or replace the enite hub if it comes with one. You can also likely find another black one to match for a bit less...

Hot Sauce has kept my Steering Wheel (and boat) looking great - works well at getting rid of water spots - though since day 1 we wipe down regularly - so no heavy build up.

This is from my 2013 SLMX. Like to get it cleaned before it starts pitting. Any recommendations for a good cleaner? Not sure what's it made from. I don't think it's aluminum, pretty heavy.

View attachment 33417

View attachment 33417
My looks worse than yours and mine is a 2018. I've tried a few metal cleaners, so I hope one of the ideas here will work.

Nope, I can't remember the name of the coating, but it did not require polish. By the time I left, all web gear and embroidered patches and badges.

Nope, I can't remember the name of the coating, but it did not require polish. By the time I left, all web gear and embroidered patches and badges.
Ours had a coating on it too but I polished it anyway! Ha! The one thing I wish I had the opportunity to do was to wear my vest on the outside of my uniform. They started doing that after I retired!

Anodized Brass - that is the ticket. Ye, the outer carrier was great to get all that weight off the belt and lower back.

Back