Stereo Remote, 20SLM

AWK

Reaction score
The owners manual for my radio shows a remote, but I never received one. Was it supposed to come with my boat?

AWK

Just to be sure, check the model # on the stereo, and then check the model # or #'s on the manual.

It is common for the stereo manufacturer to issue one manual that covers that series of stereo, and may note options within that series.

Your model may or may not have come with a remote, but if it should have, let your dealer know about it so they can get you one.

The owners manual for my radio shows a remote, but I never received one. Was it supposed to come with my boat?

AWK
I was wondering the same thing. I didn't get a remote either with my Sony upgrade to my new pontoon.

The Sony models we use do not have a remote, unless you order the remote PAD on the back of a center walk thru model. The stereo manual covers several different Sony stereo models!

Mine didnt come with one either, I found some on EBAY where there stereo comes with a remote, and I just purchased one for not much at all I will update when I get it if it works. Iv blown 12 bucks in worse ways LOL

Our 2012 Bennington 22 SSi didn't come with a Sony radio remote either, but I used my remote from a older Sony radio and it works fine! I guess the remote is an option!

RiverBill

Our 2012 Bennington 22 SSi didn't come with a Sony radio remote either, but I used my remote from a older Sony radio and it works fine! I guess the remote is an option!

RiverBill
Thanks, I remeber mine showing "remote" in the display. I would assume Bennington orders these spec'd without and receives the radio in bulk. I see one on EBay now for 8 dollars. The upgraded version of this radio runs about 80 dollars with remote. My old Jeep needs an up- grade. I like the radio since it has line- outs and adjustable for a subwoofer.

AWK

AWK,

My remote is the Sony RM-X 151 from a older Sony radio works great with the Sony radio from Bennington. See picture in the Gallery.

RiverBill

Last edited by a moderator:
AWK,

My remote is the Sony RM-X 151 from a older Sony radio works great with the Sony radio from Bennington. See picture in the Gallery.

RiverBill
Thanks. This is good to know. Opens more possibilities. I think I will up-grade my old Jeep and use the remote in the boat.

AWK

AWK,

RiverBill
One of my Clarion head units has a similar IR remote. These remotes would be so much more usuable if only they were UHF and not line of sight! UHF, waterproof, and boyant would be awesome.

Great news regarding the remote! I ordered off of ebay a Sony Marine (whatever the model was) remote (two pack actually) for $12.99 received middle of week and tried them today! Both work like they came with it!

Great news regarding the remote! I ordered off of ebay a Sony Marine (whatever the model was) remote (two pack actually) for $12.99 received middle of week and tried them today! Both work like they came with it!
Good to know. Might be a good idea for anyone that has a working remote to post the model number, then people will have a much larger selection. I did try my the remote from my Pioneer car stereo and that didn't work.

AWK

I just got the remote for my 2012 SLX and it works great. The bonus is you get 2 for 6.49 from amazon

I don't know how to send links but go to Amazon.com/Sony radio remotes/rm-x151 sould come up

Waterdog is Da MAN! Nice find... $1.49 each!

Sony Remote RM-X151

Items: $1.49

Shipping & Handling: $5.49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Before Tax: $6.98

Estimated Tax To Be Collected:* $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Total: $6.98

Last edited by a moderator:
Took only three days for this remote to show up at my door. That was fast. I will test it out this weekend. I will be putting the boat away for the winter next week :(

AWK

Back