Still on the water at lake Norman- awesome weather

Moving Forward

Reaction score
Matthews North Carolina as of September 2016
Hello all as I just moved down to Matthews NC and am enjoying the weather and boating greatly. Season in NY already over, but down here I am still boating and the water temp is 74.7 today. Taking the whole family out tomorrow to cruse the lake. I hope to see a couple boats out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great moving forward.  are you snowbirds or full time?  I am in Florida as a snowbird and waiting to see how my first winter pans out before I make a decision on a boat down here

Hello all as I just moved down to Matthews NC and am enjoying the weather and boating greatly. Season in NY already over, but down here I am still boating and the water temp is 74.7 today. Taking the whole family out tomorrow to cruse the lake. I hope to see a couple boats out. 

Oh you'll see a few boats out! There's always a ton of bass boats all over the lake. Water is just too cold for us to swim/ski/wakeboard/tube and it's a bit low. Be careful. Weather has just been gorgeous on the lake. A little chilly in the morning, warm and beautiful in the day, then chilly again! Have a great Sunday! Where do you launch/keep your boat?!?

Link - Well we have become full time residents... an sofar  no regrets...

BK - I keep the boat at a storage unit one mile from Blythe landing... that is my preferred place to launch to date. Thank you for the head up on being careful in shallow areas. Found that out last week as I made a couple water clouds with no damage to the prop or motor.

Have you been to the Port City club to eat?!? It's just north of your ramp. Nice place and plenty of places to park your Benny! 

I've got property in Ft Myers, was ready to do the snowbird thing .

But life had other plans so it looks like Florida will just be a quick vacation at best for the next few years. 

florida_fortMyers_shutterstock_43034269.jpg

logo-print.png

Hurry Up Pittsburgh, my first winter and in the 2 weeks I have been here the temperature is 80 - 85 and mostly bright sun.  Should have done this years ago.

I love being a snowbird as at least for me it gives me the best of both worlds with great summers in my beloved Adirondacks of upstate NY and the beautiful [at least so far] winter down here 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out yesterday. We had close to record high temperature of around 88 - 90*. Water was 74* when I got in it. 

BK - just moved myself down here and joined the family in September as I was looking for a job beefier leaving one. So not yet as I am still just getting things unpack and settled in the new house. Next year plan on make lots of trips to the lake. Oh Yeah !!! Looking forward to many new things on this lake..

Back