Still Waiting ...

dmurdoch

Reaction score
I ordered in early February, 23RSBW

I was so excited then, however now as our already short boating season is pretty much 1/2 over I'm really disappointed that it is taking so long for my build.

I'm just glad I didn't sell my bowrider yet.

Anyone else left waiting out there?

Tomorrow will mark 8 months since I placed my order. The toon arrived around the 10th of July. Still waiting on the motor. I am in northern Wisconsin and if I don't have the motor in the next 2 weeks we will hold off till 2022.

Evidently Yamaha has no idea when their motors are going to ship. I have been in contact with both Dealer and Bennington Rep for my area and they cannot get a good answer from Yamaha. I have been told several times it would ship next week.

Hang on to your runabout and good luck

Ordered mid Feb. Original build date was memorial day. Then July 26th. Found out it is being built this week. Dealer has no insight on F150 Motor but are looking into it. NY boating season is basically over in a month so if motor isnt in....im fine with it waiting until spring to ship :)...
Id rather not have a boat loan and have it sit... haha

I placed my order yesterday . What brand motor ?
Motor finally arrived 252 days (Dec 2020) since I placed my order. Should be enough boating season to get thru the break-in period. Hope to take possesion early next week.

Motor finally arrived 252 days (Dec 2020) since I placed my order. Should be enough boating season to get thru the break-in period. Hope to take possesion early next week.
I went back and looked at your previous post ,Yamaha .

Placed my order in May for a 2022 Q. Dealer said it was being built in August for a Sept. delivery. I told them I would not accept delivery after September so the boat could just sit for four months. This week bennington updated they will be building it "sometime in September", but not sure on motor delivery. They are supposed to get more info on a conference call Tuesday. The current plan is once it does arrive, the dealer will keep it stored until I take delivery in March.

Are you getting the previous model Q or the new model Q ? Some options on the previous model are no longer available on the new .
Placed my order in May for a 2022 Q. Dealer said it was being built in August for a Sept. delivery. I told them I would not accept delivery after September so the boat could just sit for four months. This week bennington updated they will be building it "sometime in September", but not sure on motor delivery. They are supposed to get more info on a conference call Tuesday. The current plan is once it does arrive, the dealer will keep it stored until I take delivery in March.

I don't know of anyone that ordered that late & has their boat yet.

If you are getting the current Q at May pricing you are getting an phenomenal deal!

The boat HIN number on my order ends in 22 so I am told its a 2022 model year. At least the delay will help on resale down the road.

Ask your dealer if it is the New Style .I could not order the new style until after the dealer meeting.

I
Ask your dealer if it is the New Style .I could not order the new style until after the dealer meeting
I will reach out to the Bennington Rep I have been in touch with along the way. I believe he will have to best info on when the factory switches model years.

I am sure its a nightmare for all manufactures changing out model years with all the supply chain issues.

They start tagging current model year as next years model sometime in June or July . I had a QCW picked out in late June I was told then I could not order until the new models were released , reason being they changed the Q's I did not want to order one unseen either . As it turned out they way I had the 2021 QCW built I could not order it that way for 2022 . As Bill stated above " If you are getting the current Q at May pricing you are getting an phenomenal deal! "
Have you seen the New Style Q ?

I don't know of anyone that ordered that late & has their boat yet.

If you are getting the current Q at May pricing you are getting an phenomenal deal!
They reset the build last week when everything for 2022 release. The price for the 2022 actually went down for our build.

Are you getting the previous model Q or the new model Q ? Some options on the previous model are no longer available on the new .
New Q. We knew when I put the order in it wouldn't build until after they started building the 2022s; that was the plan. The price for my build actually went down from what we planned in May. The dealer had a mid august build date, but now Bennington is behind. Even if the boat comes in sometime in Sept, the motor is doubtful.

Which Q did you order ? Yamaha or Mercury ?
That's odd that the price is lower , price increase went into effect on the build site 8/1/22 .

Last edited:
Which Q did you order ? Yamaha or Mercury ?
That's odd that the price is lower , price increase went into effect on the build site 8/1/22 .
Yes, but quite a bit changed. it's not lower by much.

They reset the build last week when everything for 2022 release. The price for the 2022 actually went down for our build.

I actually placed an order on a 23 lsb with sps+ with a 250 a month ago. My dealer had a 23 rsb with esp that someone ordered and canceled just recently because the motor hasn't arrived (yamaha 300). The base boat went up 16k on msrp from when it was ordered until now. I swapped to a r series with esp and a 300 from a L series with sps+ and a 250 for around 6k more. A no brainer to me.

Ya know.. You talk to the sales people at different dealers and the only thing they are concerned about is getting the order. They say they have a few builds coming in that were allocated to them but when asked about the engines, delivery dates ETC, crickets..

I get it though, better chances of getting it earlier next season and if it comes in during winter, even better, they keep it on the lot. But again, what about the most important part of the boat, the big thing hanging off the back that makes it move... I wish there was a Yamaha REP on the boards.

Back