Still Waiting ...

Mercury comes from Wisconsin ,Yamahas come from overseas .There are a lot of Yamahas ( and other goods ) waiting to be unloaded off the coast of California .My dealer is still waiting for few Yamaha's and a dealer down the road is waiting on 11 of them

Mercury comes from Wisconsin ,Yamahas come from overseas .There are a lot of Yamahas ( and other goods ) waiting to be unloaded off the coast of California .My dealer is still waiting for few Yamaha's and a dealer down the road is waiting on 11 of them
Fair point, but there are plenty of folks waiting on black engines as well.

Base level Q went up by ~4K. Cladded arch with roswell went down ~1,400, dual accent price dropped. Some options went away or became standard. Looking line by line, price wise we're about even with 2022 build compared to previous build. The Mrs had changed a couple options that dropped the price (mainly seats).

My boat is at the dealership....only problem is its more of a sail boat at this point... Waiting on Motor still. Dealer says its enroute on a truck but cant tell where. Upstate NY season is almost over so will likely just have it shrink wrapped and stored until the spring.

I did notice the weld on the wave shield on nose cone looks sloppy. hopefully just a bad picture.
boat 4.jpg

boat1.jpg

My boat is at the dealership....only problem is its more of a sail boat at this point... Waiting on Motor still. Dealer says its enroute on a truck but cant tell where. Upstate NY season is almost over so will likely just have it shrink wrapped and stored until the spring.

I did notice the weld on the wave shield on nose cone looks sloppy. hopefully just a bad picture.
View attachment 31041

View attachment 31043

We picked the same color combo as you..Looks great! Hoping to see some pics of ours soon...

We picked the same color combo as you..Looks great! Hoping to see some pics of ours soon...
Nice! We really like how it turned out. I really wanted the blacked out railing but couldnt justify the cost for cosmetics. Spent the extra money on a bigger motor!

thanks

View attachment 31041

View attachment 31043
Just curious.....They're not making you pay before your motor comes in are they?!?

Just curious.....They're not making you pay before your motor comes in are they?!?
Nope, can’t finish loan paperwork with it
nope, not paying until motor arrives. They didn’t ask but I couldn’t due to loan paperwork needing motor serial number.

Went by my dealer today and he said the motor (yamaha f300) has shipped (its on a truck). He hopes to have it by middle of next week and have it rigged and ready by next weekend. This was an ordered boat that someone backed out on. I think it was ordered in January. The boat was at the dealer in July.

View attachment 31041
Yep - my new 26LX has several sloppy welds, then they did a poor job of cleaning them up and putting the shark hide properly on them - so not the best looking tunes, but they are not leaking and we are still having so much fun on the lake I haven't even had a second thought. Taking it in for the 20 hour tune up soon, have a long laundry list of items to address - it will be interesting. Still feeling happy about my purchase!

Yep - my new 26LX has several sloppy welds, then they did a poor job of cleaning them up and putting the shark hide properly on them - so not the best looking tunes, but they are not leaking and we are still having so much fun on the lake I haven't even had a second thought. Taking it in for the 20 hour tune up soon, have a long laundry list of items to address - it will be interesting. Still feeling happy about my purchase!

Mine is getting the 20 hour this week. Timing should work out well that I wont need the next service until the off season 2023, before Summer 2023.

Luckily nothing major that would require warranty work this trip to the dealer. My dealer is over an hour away and rather not have to drag it to the dealer for the 20, rather bring it in next year with what I assume will be a list of warranty issues over the next 100 hours on it.

Nice! We really like how it turned out. I really wanted the blacked out railing but couldnt justify the cost for cosmetics. Spent the extra money on a bigger motor!

thanks
We have a blacked out R23. It looks great, but never again! That railing gets SOOOOO hot in the sun.

I deal with a lot of capital purchases for work. Almost everything we ordered this year has had challenges with delivery.
We order about 10 pickups/year. Still waiting on 8 of them and at least one from late last years order. Being told next years orders probably will have no guarantee of arriving. We can order them but it's possible they won't be built.
Maintenance trucks in the Kenworth T800 size have issues. We spoke for the last two available trucks our dealer was able to get in the 2021 model year. Not expecting them to meet their delivery estimate late this year. Were told we may not be able to order trucks in 2022 unless the bottlenecks open back up.
Skid steers, loaders, blades, trucks, UTV's....everything regardless of size or initial cost has issues.
The supplies side keeps getting tougher--assume everything will be delayed so order earlier then normal--when everyone does this it makes the problems worse :).
Not a good year for planners/procurement staff to be very popular departments.
I feel for the dealers but if was laying out my money on a new boat I wouldn't be as understanding either :)
They should offer discounts if you order a 2023 or 2024. I'll speak for one now but don't want to get it or pay for it for a couple years. Give ya'll some time to catch up :) and me to save some money.

Back