Storage idea's for tubes/towables

Indian_Lake_Bum

Reaction score
We purchased a big mable this summer and used it a few times out with friends and their kids but the problem is where do you put your when you are done for the afternoon.  I don't want to have to deflate it every time we use it and was considering a rack of some sort that mounts off the ski tow bar to put it on while it dries and to keep it up and out of the way.  I've seen people just stand them up on the swim deck or flop them over the motor and call it good.  Our problem is that our dock are a bit tight to maneuver a 24' boat into and sometimes requires a little bit of reversing to get us lined up with our slip so I need to be able to see behind me so I don't hit the boats on the back side of us.

Any ideas of what I can do other than the mentioned deflating every time it gets used? 

I keep and inverter and power inflator on board. Nice thing about the r is the ski pilon and rear loungers is a snug fit. Couple bungie cords and all good when running to the Moose or cranberries for refreshments. Other than that I deflate/inflate and hang to dry.

Our marina has electricity ,2 gallon shop vac exhaust .

If you think a tube is bad for storage , don't get an Aqua Lily Pad ,unless you live on the water .

http://aqualilypad.com/

130705_00229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came with those and they cost a fortune and are very difficult to maintain!!!!!!

Mine came with those and they cost a fortune and are very difficult to maintain!!!!!!
Can you send one my way? That would solve my spotter issue. I'd rather look at one of those on the rear lounger than my 65 year old male neighbor I have to drag out each time we do water sports.  

Also, If you look closely there is a guy holding the pad while the girls are playing. I'm sure there is a reason he is up to his waist in water. Good thing those are not inflated or he'd poke a hole in it.

Can you send one my way? That would solve my spotter issue. I'd rather look at one of those on the rear lounger than my 65 year old male neighbor I have to drag out each time we do water sports.  

Also, If you look closely there is a guy holding the pad while the girls are playing. I'm sure there is a reason he is up to his waist in water. Good thing those are not inflated or he'd poke a hole in it.
Andy ,you are on Roll today . :D

Will this one do .

130705_00097.jpg

I changed my mind....I'll take two!

Wow Jack....you sure furnish these photos fast....Probably archived them in the "Old Tax Files" folder!!!! Come on spring!! I'm getting wiley from the cold.

Wow Jack....you sure furnish these photos fast....Probably archived them in the "Old Tax Files" folder!!!! Come on spring!! I'm getting wiley from the cold.
I was getting ready in-case you asked for one more .

It must have been agonizing looking through them while anticipating my next post!! You’re a good man!

Back to storage ideas. When you're just floating Indian Lake Bum you can leave it tied up and floating in the water by the boat. When underway I would just prop it up against the tow bar being careful it doesn't scratch the fence. Or deflate it after use. I live on a smaller lake so when we're done with the toys they go back to the dock.

We inflate with a blower that plugs into the cigarette lighter. We then do nothing but the tube until we are tired of it, deflate and place it under the rear lounger.  Not really a big deal.

Just let enough air out so you can see the motor. It doesn't have to either be all the way full or all the way flat. Split the difference. It might work for you.

I have considered hanging ours from the bimini, but even our small basic one is probably too big and heavy. I tie it to the ski bar to dry, then deflate it when we get close to being back at the dock. We roll it up and store it under a seat if it is dry, or take it home with us if it is still wet. Either way, it gets deflated every time.

I hear you though. We inherited a Great Big Mable last summer and ended up throwing it away. Way too big. That thing was as wide as the boat. Not kidding. It was a good 8 feet wide both ways. Plus, it had the back rest on it like a couch. Took three guys to haul it in the boat wet. It weighed 200 lbs soaking wet, then way too massive to do anything with it once on board so we always had to deflate it while it was still wet, and in our lake water, anything wet for more than an hour starts to smell like a sewer. It was a major pain. I will never get one that big again. Glad it was free and I didn't pay $400 for it. I'd get two small ones first and pull them both at the same time before I'd get another one of those massive ones.

My understanding is the new Hybrid Biminis will allow you to strap the tube on top. I believe it even comes with the straps. This is also an issue for me. It is a royal PIA to have to deflate everytime your kids have had enough!!

I'm not sure why exactly, but I find myself returning to this topic fairly often, you know, just to check if anyone has come up with a solution! Yeah, that's what I'm doing! Just being helpful!

Back