storm damaged new Bennington boat

Four R's

Reaction score
found 2013 2275 GCW with saltwater package, vinyl deck and 32 "eliptical pontoons. (all the features I wanted but in a more expensive model) We were looking at "S" model only. Price will be between 25K and 30K out the door including tax, freight and even bottom painted. Engine has brand new yamaha 115 4 stroke with full warranty (not on boat during the storm) but the pontoons were dented during Sandy and some other minor dents etc. Have not seen it yet or negotiated price. Waiting to hear if boat is being sold as is or with full warranty. Should I run away or take it and run?

I would take a serious look at it. The warranty issue would be a deal breaker. Will it be sold with a salvage title. Would not make a difference if you are going to keep it for a long time. I have bought 3 rebuilt cars but we always kept them for years and the salvage title was not an issue with the age of the vehicles.

I would take a serious look at it. The warranty issue would be a deal breaker. Will it be sold with a salvage title. Would not make a difference if you are going to keep it for a long time. I have bought 3 rebuilt cars but we always kept them for years and the salvage title was not an issue with the age of the vehicles.
It's interesting because the dealer and I have been almost "instant messaging" each other but that ended after I asked about the warranty. Now it's the sound of silence!

When stop communicating after the warranty that would scare me. I would rather pay a little more and have the peace of mind

Yup, warranty is very important unless you can "steal" the boat for cheap.

When stop communicating after the warranty that would scare me. I would rather pay a little more and have the peace of mind
I agree. Waiting to hear from him. You hear crickets?

Back