Sturdy winter cover for boat (want to avoid shrink wrap).. advice?

mnosek

Reaction score
We have plenty of yard and driveway space to store our 20 ft tritoon on the trailer over the winter (southern WI). But a couple of our co-owners are very reluctant to pursue shrink wrapping each year because they feel too much plastic waste and enivronmentally unfriendly. I personally want to avoid the fairly expensive yearly cost. We plan on keeping this boat a long time and are willing to purchase a sturdy permanent cover. Any comments on our thinking? And any advice on where to get such a cover?

We bought this for our older boat. It lasted 6 years. It needed some gorilla tape on tarp in high wear areas but the frame is sturdy enough. We are going to buy a new tarp for next year once our new boat comes in.
Use individual bungees underneath. Snaking rope suuucckksssss

Edit… boat is in upstate ny so it saw heavy snow. Frame was steep enough to never hold snow.

We paid about 400 on a sale. Look out for sales.

We bought this for our older boat. It lasted 6 years. It needed some gorilla tape on tarp in high wear areas but the frame is sturdy enough. We are going to buy a new tarp for next year once our new boat comes in.
Use individual bungees underneath. Snaking rope suuucckksssss

Edit… boat is in upstate ny so it saw heavy snow. Frame was steep enough to never hold snow.
I am very intrigued by this, and am probably going to look into it. Doesn't seem critter proof however. How did you deal with that?

I am very intrigued by this, and am probably going to look into it. Doesn't seem critter proof however. How did you deal with that?
Define critter?? Hahah We left all seats open and put a bunch of dryer sheets and moth balls. Never had an issue. Only issue I recall are a few birds nests under the deck. We leave ours in yard all winter in upstate ny.

Back