Sub and amp

Garner69

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2020 22ssrx try put sub and amp in looking for some help and ideas. It has the kicker kmc45 do I use the rear out put for the rca jacks and where do I hook the remote wire? Thanks

I have the 2020 23SSBXP, it has the Kicker KMC10 stereo upgrade, which has a subwoofer rca output. My amp uses a "signal on" so I didn't install the remote wire. Works perfect. Most amps today don't need the remote turn on.

I just added a Wet sounds Stealth AS-10 with built-in amp. I ran the rear RCA's to the sub. You need to connect them to a 3.5 mm TRS female to dual RCA. This is on a 2016 with Sony DSX-M50BT. blue/white wire is REM out to turn the sub on.

amp-sub.jpg

I got my amp done and one sub not really sure where I want to put them. Wife don’t said no about under the halm and cutting holes in the seats

Under the helm and sounds really good. I assume you have an enclosure?

Is there a potential issue with mounting the sub under the helm and rattling the gauges? Just my first thought that it could cause some issues with rattling connections loose.

Is there a potential issue with mounting the sub under the helm and rattling the gauges? Just my first thought that it could cause some issues with rattling connections loose.
I’m on my third year with a 10” Rockford Fosgate powered sub under the helm and there’s been zero issues. I did a little tightening of things on initial install and nothing has loosened up.

I’m on my third year with a 10” Rockford Fosgate powered sub under the helm and there’s been zero issues. I did a little tightening of things on initial install and nothing has loosened up.

Fantastic! It's definitely the most convenient location to mount a sub and amps.

I don't have any rattling issues either but a buddy with the same boat, 2 years newer, the doorway rattles on his.

I'm getting ready to blow the stereo up in mine (2020 22ssrx) and am worried about that flimsy door rattling..wish they gave that door a little more thought...wife will kill me if thats an issue..

I'm getting ready to blow the stereo up in mine (2020 22ssrx) and am worried about that flimsy door rattling..wish they gave that door a little more thought...wife will kill me if thats an issue..
Maybe add a weatherstrip type seal to take up play in it? Self adhesive firm foam in area of latch?

Maybe add a weatherstrip type seal to take up play in it? Self adhesive firm foam in area of latch?

There is a post somewhere in here from a few years ago where someone did this basic thing for this reason. It seemed to work well for them, and I think a couple others did it too. I think others also did this around all the cut plastic edges under the seats.

Back