Supercharging

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
I love horsepower and was thrilled to get the boat we got last year. While lounging on the boat last summer, I started thinking about going bigger. I have the max size our dock allows, so bigger engine. That worked till, I got home and used Bennington boat builder. So my next thought was to mount a supercharger on it during the winter. I checked with pro charger and they don't make a kit for the "newer" MPI Chevy 350. Statement was that when the economy tanked, they stopped any R&D on newer engines. Edelbrock doesn't do marine kits. I am looking for a kit that has all the parts and the programming for the engine management systems. Anybody got a lead for me?

Teague Custom Marine could tell you everything that's still available in the market for that engine. Once you start going to big power, the limiter becomes the outdrive itself, though the Bravo is very capable up to a point.

Teague Custom Marine could tell you everything that's still available in the market for that engine. Once you start going to big power, the limiter becomes the outdrive itself, though the Bravo is very capable up to a point.
Yep, Teague is who built the Engine in my Buddies boat. He has a 650 HP Dodge V10 in his 28' cuddy cabin Shockwave and runs high 80's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked with them. They are not sure why anybody runs a small block. They do have a supercharger with a ECM for the 2008 350 mpi model. As my lovely wife says, "Bill a job"

Thanks for the info. The opportunity to get 8.2L performance out of the small block is very tempting plus it is work I could do myself

85hp gain for under $1,000.00 seems like a pretty good bargain. I would have to assume that this modification would void the Mercruiser warranty.

There's No Replacement For Displacement!

Back