Swimsuit Ink Stain on Seat Back?

ErinnDan

Reaction score
Someone's swimsuit must have stained a spot on one of my seat backs. The ink seems like it's in there pretty good. Is there anything I can do to remove it?

Geez stains are an issue. I had a bad stain from the recommended cleaning method (dawn). I was freaking out.

My wife took her time and used a 10 percent bleach to water solution (per Bennington). She used the solution and rinsed with bottled water as she rubbed gently.

I was shocked.....but she got it all out. I would try that.

I know I will never use dawn again. I aged 10 years. I hadn't even had boat on water yet. 2 weeks old.

Dawn made a permanent white streak on an old black car of mine when I washed it.

Just seconding what was said above. Be careful with Dawn.

Sunshine will fade it. Really. Seriously.

LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner will get it out......

+1 on the UV Rays and time.

Our biggest problem as far as stains go is coppertone sunscreen (sport or regular).  I've got several pair of swim trunks that used to be blue or black and white but are now black/blue and an orange tint where the white used to be.  The fiance has a swimsuit that is ruined the same way.

We tend to wipe down the seats everytime we come back if sunscreen (no matter what brand) was used by our guests without a towel on the seat just as a precaution.  Apply a good coat of 303 after the wipedown and hope for the best.  So far we have a little discoloration on the co-captains chair around the headrest area but I think I'll try some awesome on it and see if it comes out.

I know this is an older article but I am revisiting cleaning supplies.

I was very surprised to read the cautions above on using Dawn.  That's what I use every year at the beginning of the season to wash all of the seats on my boat.  Mine are all a light cream/white in color so maybe that's why I never have an issue but it really cleans them good; you can see how dirty my bucket of warm, soapy water gets after a while.  It never get my mildew or other stains out though.  For that I use the 303 cleaner or other mildew removal products.  I just picked up a small bottle of that LA's Awesome Cleaner after reading posts on here about it so I look forward to seeing what that does on the stains the Dawn doesn't get out.  I guess I really should try the 10% bleach solution.  Just makes me nervous as heck using bleach but that's quite diluted and plus I'll be using it on white fabric so it shouldn't be an issue.

+1 on the bleach/water. 

I use this or the Awesome cleaner. Been successful w/both!

Back