Swingback layout. What cooler fits best and were in your boat?

I keep a 40 pack Rtic soft side right behind my captains seat

1617537892096.png

We have 2 main coolers that we take on the boat depending on how many people are going to be onboard. If its just my wife and I we take a simple carry on cooler that will fit our drinks, meal of the day, snacks etc. If more people are going to be onboard we'll take our cooler on wheels that of course hold more stuff. Both coolers fit behind comfortably behind the Captains chair.

I also will be using a soft cooler but bought this one (see pictures) that should fit nicely in the bow filler space. It also has a seat cushion to act as another seat if needed. I will have a tundra 35 for larger groups/longer trips also as an option... also, the color matches the granite accent, added bonus. There as been tests done if lighter colors hold ice better but for thick yeti-like coolers, color doesn’t have a significant impact. 2449215C-00CB-4816-A67B-31BFEB362AA5.jpegEE9686C6-1FAB-499C-A203-6AC03F34D264.jpeg

We use a big Grizzly hard sided cooler, similar to an RTIC or Yeti, and put it in between the seats where the side door is. We hardly ever use the side door, so we just block it with the cooler and if we need to, we just move the cooler out, but it's a nice central location and fits perfectly in the space without sticking out into the walking space.

I put a Rtic 65 on the extended swim platform and tie it down using the cleats. For me it is perfect, as we can load that baby up with everything you'd need for the day and it is completely out of the way.

The boat is still in storage for the winter but here is the best picture I could find on my phone to give you an idea of location/size.

Cooler.jpg

Back