Swingback with Dual Gate Plus / Minus

Pat and Renee

Reaction score
I just got our new 24LX Swingback with the Luxury Keeper Rail. We are finding the layout nice with the exception of getting in and out.

Notice the dual gate option and it looks like you can enter from the front rather than the one side only. Also seem like more storage between the swingback and rail.
The last bonus is it seems like a few rod holders could be installed and fishing mess could be keep to the very back of boat.

Would like to hear from those who have or had the dual gates.

Already thinking about the next boat and this one have 22 hours or so.

Attachments

• Keeper Rail Dual Gates.JPG
    Keeper Rail Dual Gates.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 81
We selected this option on my incoming 23 LSB. We picked it based on the pros you listed here. I'll give you the real life rundown once its in possession!

I think the main negative is just not being able to go right off the back and only having two entry/exit points. But the benefits from the swingback being open and able to use while underway may outweigh those negatives. We'll see!

We selected this option on my incoming 23 LSB. We picked it based on the pros you listed here. I'll give you the real life rundown once its in possession!

I think the main negative is just not being able to go right off the back and only having two entry/exit points. But the benefits from the swingback being open and able to use while underway may outweigh

I just got our new 24LX Swingback with the Luxury Keeper Rail. We are finding the layout nice with the exception of getting in and out.

Notice the dual gate option and it looks like you can enter from the front rather than the one side only. Also seem like more storage between the swingback and rail.
The last bonus is it seems like a few rod holders could be installed and fishing mess could be keep to the very back of boat.

Had this been an option when ordering in Feb, we would have likely gotten that. With 2 little kids, it was mandatory to have fence around entire boat. We loved the swingback but wanted the fence for safety.

I have that exact set-up on my new boat. I do not like it at all!

I don't find the Keeper Rail that disappointing nor difficult to go over or around, it would certainly be a better experience without it, but then we could not use it when underway. However, I could not see the dual gates being practical with wakeboards and kids that love to jump off the boat. Barletta has the best design I have seen - figure one day I will design and install my own.

Attachments

• Keeper Rail Barlette.png
    Keeper Rail Barlette.png
    733.6 KB · Views: 40
It eats into the real estate in the back big time, limited on inside, very limited on the outside. I am going to remove the center section this winter.

I don't find the Keeper Rail that disappointing nor difficult to go over or around, it would certainly be a better experience without it, but then we could not use it when underway. However, I could not see the dual gates being practical with wakeboards and kids that love to jump off the boat. Barletta has the best design I have seen - figure one day I will design and install my own.
I wish mine was like that.

Back