Teak on swim platform

Lake Rat

Reaction score
I just ordered the rear teak option for my new boat. Can anyone tell me how it holds up to the elements. Does it fade or discolor?? Thanks

It's colored all the thru. Doesn't fade and if you chip it, you can hardly even notice it.

You'll really like it. My only complaint is that it can get slippery when you have sun tan lotion on your feet and when it gets Todd

Boy do I envy you fellas. I can only wish our pontoon was new enough to have that platform at the rear......especially with the faux teak. Our boat is still in beautiful condition, but the new models just keep getting better. The next new toon may be coming sooner than I thought. :)

The faux teak is supposed to be some durable stuff and able to withstand the elements for quite some time. I'm sure it was well tested before Bennington decided to use it on their boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington uses a company called plas teak. They are in Akron, Ohio. I got on their website and for a couple bucks you can get samples of their products. Supposed to be almost maintenance free. Very high UV protection with anti-fungal inhibitors. Supposed to never dry out or crack. Posted a couple pics of my RCW that just came in per a couple e-mails. Gerry

Back