Telescoping Swim Deck Ladders

MrG

Reaction score
The stock swim deck ladder that I have on my Swim Deck is a stainless 3 step telescoping ladder. I'm pretty sure it's a Winnline). I'm looking for the new version of this ladder. My buddy has a 2014 G series and it has a swim deck ladder That has 4 steps and the steps are wider then myn.

I checked out winlines websight and did not see any 4 step telescoping ladders? Anyone know what the newer benningtons are using

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks more like this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KRKW7L8/ref=psd_mlt_bc_B00KRKW7L8

The treads on the one Havasu posted look like the ones I have. I fact I'm pretty sure the one Havasu posted is just a 4 step version of the one I have.

The one my buddy has the treads are like twice as wide as myn. I remember the stainless tread on my buddy's boat looked just like the one I posted a link to.

Just wondering how the new ladder would bolt up compared to my stock ladder. Keeping my fingers crossed that the holes in the deck would work for a new ladder

MrG I don't use mine very often but if I remember right mine is not only a 4 step it is also curved which makes climbing up it much easier.  That came on my 2012 RL

I inquired about the fit of the new Bennington 4 step ladder for my 2012 QCW2575 and Team Bennington checked with engineering and said it would not fit due to different reinforcement needed to properly support the new style 4 step ladder.  The support is below the deck and would not be feasible to try to change.  So I gave up the idea and just use my 3 step but would be very interested if you come up with a way to retrofit your boat with the new 4 step ladder.  Good luck!

Jack

Below is the response from TB that I referenced above,

Jack

"The 3-step ladder has a narrower footprint for both the base assembly and the handles.   The 4-step ladder is wider.   In addition, there is additional bracing necessary under the deck so that you will have a strong surface to bolt the new longer ladder.   If you try a home installation, you MUST add bracing under the deck, and you will  have holes in the deck after moving the ladder base and the handles.

A mid-year change during the 2014 model year added wider bracing under the deck so that either ladder can be used, 3-step or 4-step.

Hope this helps to clarify."

TB

Thanks for the reply. That makes total sense. I could see glueing & then bolting a 3/4 inch ABS style piece of plastic to the under side of my swim deck to add bracing using the factory holes that my existing ladder uses to bolt into the new ABS plastic support.

I could see drilling and then tapping in the ABS

support piece to allow me to thread in some studs in from the top side that the New ladder would bolt up to.

If you do that I would like to hear how it works out.  I would really like to have a 4 step telescoping ladder,

Jack

Is this ladder under the deck on your I/O?

Jack; I will add this to my winter project list and take pictures for ya.

redemption; Yes this is a I/O.

My only pause is this. The underside of my swim deck has some cracking around the current support pieces close to the transom. I don't think it's a big deal BUT I would hate to do this mod and then have bennington reject any repairs if the crack I have now grows into somthing more? Any thoughts?

Here is a few pics ofy 4 step ladder on a Q series the ladder is made by windline. Sorry the pics did not post from my phone. Now that I am back home I posted the pics.

I took a closer look at this project. The Aera under my deck where the Ladder should bolt up its clear of supports and will allow you to add a Larger under deck support piece to attach the new wider ladder no Problem.  

Back