Tell me what I already know... ??

I figured more power was a good thing but I seriously cannot afford (or have the stones to tell my wife) we need to Shell out even more money now or it's gonna be a bad ride !! Ugh

Not a "bad ride." Just not optimal. I hate thinking there was something just a bit better that I could have purchased. I personally don't think the 150/Express is the best combo. The 115/Express is an adequate combo. The 150/Express is leaving chips on the table.

i would still check it out, and even walk away and see if a better deal is out there with another dealer or see if this one is serious when he/she sees you want what you want and at the price you are willing to pay. as noted above there are some add ons included with the SPS that might make it not that much more, keep pushing and see if you can bend them to your will, you are the buyer and there are other dealers out there who may work with you more, just sayin, good luck D.

I had sticker shock and started looking at used. I thought i would have to just take what i could find, and maybe not even a Benny, but then there it was, listed for 1 hour, in my town, in a slip, the benny with everything i wanted and nothing i did not need, could not have worked out better for me, you might even want to drop that to the salesman something like " well i guess i have to look at a one or two year used boat then to get what i want" then you may see what he can really do.

Sounds like this purchase has turned pretty stressful but once you take command of her, all that will quickly melt away. Hopefully when it's all said and done, this will be your last boat first.

Dmonnny123,
I’m not sure what you are hoping for in speed. Speed with this type of watercraft requires major HP which equals major dollars. Now fun with the kiddos requires much less HP and fewer dollars. I can tell you without any doubt that a 150/SPS combo will be all you need for many water sports. Knee boarding, waterskiing, slalom or two skis, tubing, etc. Bare foot or surfing? Maybe not. LOL! The idea of buying the last boat first is, of course, ideal, but if a few more dollars to get the boat you need to meet YOUR expectation is required, it will be much less expensive “now” than with a new craft later. Good Luck! Choosing Bennington for your families water fun was the first best choice. Enjoy whatever you decide.

Hopefully I can assist in making you feel confident about your upgrade to 150.

I went with the 115 and it works for us but as the kids get older and bigger it doesn’t have the power to please them as much on the tube.

While I can get 30 mph with just one or two aboard that speed and power drastically reduces with 4+ aboard.

Don’t get me wrong, we love our boat and the 115 works but in hindsight, I would have upgraded when I built the boat. I definitely agree with the concept of getting what you want in a boat now if it falls into your budget.

My last boat was a pontoon with a 115hp and then, after only a few short years, I upgraded to a 150hp with SPS as the kids were getting to the age where they wanted to go faster on the tube and also got into wakeboarding. I wish I would've sprung for the 3rd toon and larger motor to start with as I would've saved myself a lot of money. If it were me and you can't swing the extra money for the SPS and the 150hp right now then I'd either wait another year or look at slightly used and then might even look at ESP hulls with 150hp (min) and would lean heavily towards a 200hp. If you're willing to buy used and travel a bit to buy then there's lots to select from.

The 4K price difference is 4 times what I paid for a 115 upgrade to 150. I would shop some more.

The 4K price difference is 4 times what I paid for a 115 upgrade to 150. I would shop some more.
Hmm where are you located??, When and where did you buy? Wondering is it was off season and other variables?..

Last edited:
Back