Thank You to All the Members!

T&M2619

Reaction score
I just wanted to "Thank" All of You who are always here to help others!  I have been on many sites for different things over the years and this is truly one of the most helpful & best forum ever!

Being a new pontoon boat owner, we had lots of questions and even wondered if the two of us could handle this box of a boat!  But I mean that in a nice way!  First I had to learn to drive it, to take care of it, to launch it, to dock it, take it out of water & back on the trailer.  Whew!  The launching and getting back on trailer with the two of us was the most stressful for me the first couple of times, but now I feel like a pro!  Nothing about the boat worries me now.  A few weeks ago I had to practice getting it in and out of it's home at the boathouse, but few tries and a piece of cake.  Only time it's a little tricky is when the wind is up & we know we need to get more bumpers around the posts of the boat house.  But it's a lot easier than launching it off the trailer and getting back on and especially when you have a big audience of others waiting to launch their boat. STRESSFUL!!  lol

I've learned so much from all of you by reading your posts. I think I've read every back post on here  & I've learned so much.   My favorite things that has been shared on here that I really love are:

• PTMEdge Mirror  ~  Love it!  Great big view of what's behind you!  Good investment IMO! Safety first!
  • EZ Fenders ~  These are awesome!
  • The "Chrome" look Registration Numbers
  • Using the moth balls & dryer sheet for pests, spiders & rodents.
  • Some of the cleaning tips shared.  Like the 303 Fabric Guard & other.
  • Towing tips - long distance

But those are just a few of the things I've learned!   A million thanks for being so kind to share your wisdom & experiences with all of us!  It's been wonderful to have a place to ask a question & learn!  You've all made getting a new boat a more enjoyable experience!  Thank you!!!   :)

~ Trish   (I love my boat!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.  That's the nicest "thank you" post I've ever read!

Personally, I still haven't "paid back" the forum from all the help I got 6 years ago when buying our first boat.  This forum is the BEST, no question.

T & M 2619

As You and Kaydano have said this forum has always provided us with 

a wealth of information , inspiration, motivation and friendship. We have owned our

pontoon for two years and still consider ourselves new to this amazing lifestyle.

It is always my goal to "Pay It Forward" to the best of my ability if only through encouragement :) I hope you both continue your forum activity as we are

all looking forward to seeing those summertime pictures. Wishing you 

a "Billion Memories" to last a lifetime. Enjoy your new Benny, always remember

you are part of The Bennington Family. We hope to hear from you on a 

routine basis. 

Looking Forward To An Amazing Summer 

123640642.jpg

We're always happy to help.   :)

I wish I would have stumbled upon the forum before purchasing out first toon! Since joining the forum I've earned my P.A.D patch as well as the 115 scar.

I feel like those who have/had the 115 have been cut by the lies and false hopes of what they can do, thus the 115 scar. Kind of like old war buddies sitting around the bar sharing their 115 stories.

Agreed Lakeliving, wish I also had the benefit of the forum prior to purchase.  At least when I was in the buying mode seems like all the dealers think the 115 as the engine of choice.  Not just Bennington but across all brands.  When I bought my Bennington dealer and us discussed 115 vs. 150.  The 150 was about $5000+ more so it was easy to believe him when he said we would be happy with the 115. 

The Mercs back then (6 years ago) were a good $5k more for the 150 since it was all digital (throttle and shift).  It was a pricey motor. 

Then the new 150 fourstroke came out, and the price dropped considerably.  Today it is not nearly the "no brainer" it seemed to be years ago, but they still suck people in.  Mark, Andy and I (and a few others) are here to warn the world about the evil of the 115 HP motors. 

Saw a Benny for sale on Clist not far from me. looked like a good deal...then I saw it had a 115.

It cost me $1K extra to go from the 115 to 150.  It included the SS prop (cost $700) , so the motor was an extra $300.  I would not have bought the boat with a 115 on it.  The pricing made the upgrade painless and it is a great engine.  

Wow.  If the difference was always $1k, they'd never sell a 115 again.

Yeah when I read Remediations post I thought he made a mistake.  Have always heard in the $5,000 - $6,000 range

I tried for a no money out of pocket upgrade.  They said no, we are putting a $700 SS Enertia prop on it so we can do it for $1k additional.  I said "sounds fair, write the boat up"

Love the motor.  

Remedition, sounds like it wasn't so much a $1000 cost upgrade as it was he lowered the overall price of the boat to close the deal

That's a great deal!

Link, you could be right.  It was the final part of the price dance.  I felt they had come down close to their bottom price on the boat.  I told them that I would not buy it with the 115 on it.  In the end, it was a fair price and I felt good.  Plus it sounds better than they charged me $4k for the motor but dropped the price $3k on the boat. :D    

Back