THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

We are finally going out today. I highly doubt that the water has warmed up much

As far as we’ve gotten so far - dock finally got put in 8 days late this past Wednesday morning. Jet ski is ready, but water is way too cold still for my liking. Boat gets dropped in on the 23rd.

View attachment 34238 View attachment 34239 View attachment 34240

Otherwise, our cottage is totally turned over from winter to summer. So once the weather is consistently warm, and we have the boat and jet ski in, our place will be ready for summer fun. It will just be a matter of finding out if I will be good to go or not.

View attachment 34241
Looks great! And it appears that they got the angle right! Lol!

Looks great! And it appears that they got the angle right! Lol!
Ha, ha. I stuck around the extra night to be there that morning to point a few things out. It was helpful.

I got on the road right afterwards, and arrived with 20 minutes to spare before the start of an asset and estate planning seminar I was attending that day downstate near home. Cut it close…

My wife wants to go out on the boat on Mother's day. Supposed to be 80 degrees with low chance of precipitation. Water Temp is 72. She ain't swimmin yet!

in another month ours will be too warm - too many weird amoeba type concerns!! For swimming that is....boating is still a go!!

No need to worry about amoeba issues, the gator solves that problem for me.

Dropped ours in on Tuesday. Cleaned her up yesterday as she was filthy coming out of winter storage. First day out on the lake doing some serious boating today. It was a beautiful day for boating.
IMG_2607.jpegIMG_2606.jpegIMG_2594.jpegIMG_2608.jpeg

odd question... how well do those streamer flags work to keep the birds off the dock/boat? (and were they out of spartan colors? lol)
They work awesome!!!

I HIGHLY recommend them (Dori Poles) to anyone that has had bird and boat, bird and mooring cover problems. I’ve never had a bird perch on the boat since adding them - ever. That said, you still might get the random pass over bombing…but not often.

And you guessed it - bought these Green and White Dori Poles specifically because of the MSU colors. Our dock lights alternate in Green and White as well. :cool:

The silvery tensile looking pendant running along our shoreline and north side of the dock is also key in our waterfowl countermeasures. Keeps all the ducks and geese off the lawn. :)

They work awesome!!!

I HIGHLY recommend them (Dori Poles) to anyone that has had bird and boat, bird and mooring cover problems. I’ve never had a bird perch on the boat since adding them - ever. That said, you still might get the random pass over bombing…but not often.

And you guessed it - bought these Green and White Dori Poles specifically because of the MSU colors. Our dock lights alternate in Green and White as well. :cool:

The silvery tensile looking pendant running along our shoreline and north side of the dock is also key in our waterfowl countermeasures. Keeps all the ducks and geese off the lawn. :)
you shouldn't give out your tips... you should charge for that! lol

seriously, thanks! I'm going to look into the Dori Poles and see if I can find a way to get one at our dock. It is a rented slip in a "marina" with about 50 other boats, so not sure the owner will let me mount anything to the dock itself. but where there's a will there's a way, ;)

Ugggghhhh …..

IMG_5388.jpeg

Slowly but surely. :confused:

IMG_5689.jpeg

Slowly but surely getting there.

IMG_5927.jpeg

Getting close!!!! Woohoo!!!!

IMG_6347.jpeg

Back