The New Yamaha 450

Capman

Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand experience with the new Yamaha 450? Does anyone have any first hand experience with this engine on a Bennington pontoon or any other brand of pontoon? Just curious what their thoughts are on overall performance, if it's quieter than the 425, etc.. Any information or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hard to believe there isn't one person on here that has some kind of experience with the new Yamaha 450. How about anyone with the new Yamaha 350 V6 or the older model Yamaha 425 V8? Any input on reliability, performance, etc. would be appreciated.

Here’s an update in case anyone has an interest in the new Yamaha XTO 450. To start, it’s simply fantastic! I had a 2019 R25 w/Suzuki 350 and went to a 2025 R25 FB with the Yami 450. Surprisingly, a huge difference across the board. I am happy to say the overall build quality of the boat is even better than 2019. Boat details are fantastic and the ESP is even better than before. My previous hull had the old lifting strake pattern. My new has the improved bottom with lifting strakes in the middle and the fuel tank is now moved forward and is larger to 73g. Now the motor…Wow. It’s quiet, it’s butter smooth, the build quality is even better my my Suzuki, and I really, really like that engine. The Yamaha is better in every single category you can imagine than the Suzuki, except for one thing, the dual prop engine was better around the dock, no doubt. But in all else, that Yamaha is an absolute out of this world winner! That steering is unbelievable. Best outboard steering I have ever felt, effortless and you can turn with one finger. The boat comes up on plane with no bow rise and once running at about 15mph, roll the throttle and you are cruising effortlessly at 35mph in a blink. Rolling at 20 and nail it, it will walk off and leave the old 350 Suzuki like it was a old bass boat trying to get on plane. Crazy how much torque this Yamaha has. I was worried, very worried, about how quiet our loud it was. It’s even better than my Suz. Probably not as good as the new Mercury’s, but there’s a trade off, in the upper RPM range that V8 sound is just pure music. I only have 10 hrs on mine right now, but it’s a winner to this point. If anyone has a questions, feel free to reach out.

Nice update Chapman! Sounds very nice!

Pictures please!!

Back