This came with our new Bennington...what is it?

Over the rub rail, in alignment with where the rub rail would hit your trailer bunk stops. It protects the rub rail from rubbing up against those stops and if you have a cover that extends down the front, covering the front deck, it gives you space to install the cover.

If you don't have a trailer, you don't need them.

Here’s where mine are

Attachments

• E9EF60FD-256C-4E26-B336-544EDF09CECB.jpeg
    E9EF60FD-256C-4E26-B336-544EDF09CECB.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 137
My 2018 SSX did not come with those; I just have a couple of indentations where the rub rail hits the trailer. No biggie, I guess.

My 2018 SSX did not come with those; I just have a couple of indentations where the rub rail hits the trailer. No biggie, I guess.
They don't come factory. They are an option. I ordered a set with my second boat, never did install on it. Thought I'd put them on the next one, never did that either!

I trailer a lot and could use a pair. If anybody wants to sell theirs please pm me.

I have seen plastic ones that snap on and off so they don’t detract from the sleekness of your boat when not in use.

I think I paid about $70 for the pair. They hold the boat away from the stops just enough that the cover can be installed on the front snaps and you also know if the boat is on the trailer correctly. When you tighten the winch strap it locks the front of the boat against the stops and then there is no vertical movement of the front of the boat. Just came back from the 1200 mile trip to Canada and the boat never bounced. If you trailer, you need them.

Back