Those that a have PADS success......

kkitowski

Reaction score
One part of PADS would be to get the best price for your recently new boat.....

What have others done to get the best deal? Trade? Sell private?

Where have you best determined a value you are trying to get?

Thx

Looking to make some changes on prior decisions. Also having issues resolving what I believe is dealer mistake on order which has not been resolved in over 1 year now. If I possible approach it in another way, I may simple resolve my problems myself and less hassle.

I traded after 7 months ,lost $2500 .Went from a 2013, 22 SLX  to a 2014 2375 RCW .

I got the trade in price,after I negotiated the selling price on the RCW .

Dealer still made money when he sold the SLX 

but of course Jack you also paid quite a bit more for the R.  Add that to the $2500 loss on the S and that is the real cost of the upgrade

Oh and kkitsowski, don't even fight it anymore I already see where you are heading so just give in and let the disease take over :)

but of course Jack you also paid quite a bit more for the R.  Add that to the $2500 loss on the S and that is the real cost of the upgrade
The R is my Entertainment investment .

Be patient and look for a deal.  I spent a few months trolling boat trader before I ended up with mine and got a fantastic deal on it. Not saying your looking for used but I have learned over the year being patient on big purchases like this can save you a lot of money.  You have a very nice boat.... what is the issue?  Or is that already talked about in another discussion?

What is it that you want to change? Or rather, what option is it that you can't stand to not have? The biggest thing to remember is that no matter how you spin it, you will lose money on the deal. Which you have to accept. How much will depend on how much your dealer likes you! Haha, I traded both my previous in, but you guys have a busier used sales market out there. 

I only lost the sales tax we paid on our 2013 22 sslx. Sold it on craigslist to a guy from NY. He drove out with cash and a trailer and it was a done deal. He was happy it was as advertised and in perfect condition....then again it only had 4 months of use. I found that trading it would have cost me way more. We had another buyer that was going to take it if the NY guy fell through.

I was happy with what I sold mine for using CL. Best thing to do is list everything you have and share what goes with it. In my case I was selling EVERYTHING. It was truely a turn key boat package. Took me 3 days to sell it and I've given 2 lessons to the new owners and have been invited to use it (with their permisson) when they are not. (doubt I do becuse with my luck I'd sink it). It was almost like I was trying to find a home for my pet. It's all in how you sell it, for me, I was honest and was able to answer any questions, mainly learning from the fine folks on this forum.

The BEST way to sell a boat is on the water, when I took them for a spin, I knew they were excited about buying it. My favorite memory from selling the boat, I took him out and let him drive, and i was teaching him about trim, I had him put the trim all the way down and hammer the throttle, after a few seconds of asking him if he felt the "drag" I had him trim up to 3/4. He grabbed his chest and had the biggest smile on his face. It was priceless. 

My BIL is trying to sell a 29ft Baja with duel 502's. Its sitting in a parking lot... guarantee no one is going to buy it sitting there.

what do you want that you don't have?

can you do any or all of it yourself and add to current boat?

what will you buy if you get something else (there isn't much you don't have already

Back