Throttle Creep...new member asking

DaveH48

Reaction score
Joined Club Bennington today and thought I'd ask for some help. I am sure the topic has been covered just not sure how to find it. Throttle on my new 250 V Max backs iff when over 2,000RPM. When pulling tubers, etc I have to hold the throttle. I know where the screw is that is supposed to tighten the throttle and have done so. But, it loosens again very quickly. I have a call into Yamaha technician but thought I'd ask if any of you have had same situation and know the solution. Thanks

Maybe some low-strength thread locker goop on the binacle screw would do the trick?

I had to turn mine in WAY more turns than I thought I would need before it would hold. As long as you don't feel any massive resistance, keep turning the screw in.

My was the same as Nautical I've probably gone in two full turns.Started out a quarter turn at a time then went to half turns ,I finally got it.Keep turning !

I have the opposite problem as it is difficult to fine tune throttle setting unless I anchor my outer palm against the playpen to dampen movement. Thought about reducing the resistance, but maybe should just give more time to wear-in? I have about 30hrs on the clock.

I have the opposite problem as it is difficult to fine tune throttle setting unless I anchor my outer palm against the playpen to dampen movement. Thought about reducing the resistance, but maybe should just give more time to wear-in? I have about 30hrs on the clock.
Just back it out 1/4 or 1/2 turn at a time and keep track of your turns.

Mine has the same issue, especially when tubing. I just thought it was a safety issue. I guess I'll turn the screw a bit.

Mine has the same issue, especially when tubing. I just thought it was a safety issue. I guess I'll turn the screw a bit.
No, the throttle should stay where you put it ! Screw in 1/4 or 1/2 turns at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the obvious slotted screw near the center. Adjusted mine last week and needed a good full turn clockwise
to get the throttle to stay in the same spot.

Back