Throttle Location/Tension

JasonLepore

Reaction score
I have the 2254 STI ... the throttle is next to the steering wheel... Problem is when I have it going Full Speed...The Wind will push the throttle back making it jolt and go slower,,,Unless I hold it in position... Wish it was on the side panel instead.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Have your dealer adjust the tension of the throttle at the helm. I'm sure they can tighten it up so the wind doesn't move it.

Steve

Or.... Go backerds.

Sorry.

The wind has nothing to do with it. The cable tension screw needs adjustment. Very simple fix that you can do yourself.

Your engine manual and/or throttle control manual will show you where. You have to remove the plastic protective cover.

Figures, soon as I post the question, I find this thread...

What motor do you have? If Mercury, where the #%$* is that friction screw located??? I took the cover off, but it looks all sealed up, with no obvious adjustment screw. I'm hoping I just didn't look hard enough...

My motor manual doesn't have much in it about the control handle.

Jason - I dug back through your posts and see you have a Yamaha 150...

Anyone have trouble with the Mercury control?

Jason - I dug back through your posts and see you have a Yamaha 150...

Anyone have trouble with the Mercury control?
I have a Mercury Verado 225 and my throttle is all digital. No throttle cable whatsoever. Same smooth tension throughout.

Sorry I have not been on here in a while....Out on the Water ..lol...... I have a Yamaha system and it was an easy fix .... Now I think I need a new prop..have a few nicks in it :(

Also with an even Older post that I read Cwag...I am in South Jersey right across from Philadelphia...

This boat has been great....but I did lose a few MPH, could be the prop nicks, or a little film on the toons....Other then that and the Price of Gas it is great....Costs be about $135.00 to Fill it up and I usually use a full tank each day when we go on out trips... Wish it did not burn gas that bad ....But we are touring all different areas ... All along NJ, Pa , DE and MD.....

Between the Gas and Food ( seafood places on the water) bills....I am going to be BIG and Broke...lol

I have a Mercury Verado 225 and my throttle is all digital. No throttle cable whatsoever. Same smooth tension throughout.
I assume that's a friendly poke! (As in poking fun of those of us with the archaic cable system).

So, here's a friendly poke back...

I still have the $2k you spent on digital throttle and shift. And I have a crescent wrench. And I also now have smooth tension throughout.

So, give me a holler when your Chinese electronics act up. I'll mail you my crescent wrench. And you can beat on it with it.

:)

Seriously, this is all meant in good fun!

I assume that's a friendly poke! (As in poking fun of those of us with the archaic cable system).

So, here's a friendly poke back...

I still have the $2k you spent on digital throttle and shift. And I have a crescent wrench. And I also now have smooth tension throughout.

So, give me a holler when your Chinese electronics act up. I'll mail you my crescent wrench. And you can beat on it with it.

:)

Seriously, this is all meant in good fun!
:) Yes, all fun on here! I won't be laughing when those electronics act up though!

Back