Tomorrow is the day!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Well boys and girls, tomorrow is the day!!! Going to pick up the new boat!! Don't worry, pics will follow shortly after, and I took next week off work so hoping we get some nice days on the lake. Yahoo!! And don't worry all, I will fill the gas tank BEFORE hooking up to the boat!!

Big thanks again to my dealer (West Hawk Marine) for all their patience and willingness to snap pics and send to me, not to mention the constant calls, emails and texts to get through this process! Haha its been a long 4 months!

Derrick

Only bad thing is tomorrow is also the day that the wife finds out about a few 'extra's' that got added to the boat!Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck. Hope it's the boat of your dreams. I had a few extras that the wife loved. Don't worry, the beauty of the boat will knock her off her socks...

Congrats

Todd

Derrick, you can come to Ohio and spend a few days after the BOL comes in with me. Ha-Ha..... Gerry (P.S. Don't think you will have any trouble in the refilling of your intube tank, topped mine off 4 times now on automatic, no spills or overflows.)

LOL. Better than a kid at Christmas time. Congrats and I hope you have a great week

I bet tonight will be a long one! Congrats man. I know you've patiently waited for far too long.

That's great to hear!!!

I've read so many of your posts, it almost feels like I'm getting a new boat too!!!

Looking forward to the pics.

Dano

Well, the boat is in the driveway!! Which was no small feat since I didn't have a 5 pin flat converter to the 7 (or is it 8?) pin round on the Caddy, and that piece of Crap brake lockout clip kept falling out!! Those disc brakes grab TIGHT I tell ya! My driveway has a bit of an incline so wasn't fun. Had to figure out the friggin ladder, neither the dealer nor I could get it to slide down, after getting it home a screwing around with it for a while, finally figured it out. I contemplated not telling my dealer how cuz it was stupidly annoying that something so simple was so tough! But I decided I would, they're a good dealer. Found out we had a little miscommunication in the ordering process, so now I don't have a sub and amp. We'll see, maybe do aftermarket, maybe just leave it. Martin the mechanic is trying to figure out if I can pull power for an amp from somewhere under the helm, I'm not so sure. Also not sure if I feel like trying to run power to it now. We'll see. Trailer tows super nice on the highway, and looks friggin great, was getting a lot of looks from people passing me, and even a thumbs up from a kid in the backseat! Sorry I haven't taken any pics yet, kinda feel drained, was up at just after 4 this morning for the trip, and by the time we got home, ran to get some groceries for if we go to the lake tomorrow, then transferred all our gear and cleaned off all the bugs, I'm pretty much ready for the mattress. In another topic someone commented on the amount of splatter from welding on the toons, I must admit there is a fair amount, might be something to look into somehow covering the bulk of toon while welding, dunno, not a huge deal to me, but it does seem a little sloppy. I even stopped for gas and the only thing that hit me was some guy hitting me up to ask about the ravishing red beauty I was towing behind my vehicle, so I gave him the in and outs of pontoon boats, pointed him to this website and forum, and told him the Bennington was the Cadillac of pontoons, which I found a slight humour in since I was towing it with a Cadillac. Simple things amuse me, especially when I'm in this somewhat tired and weak state. All in all, she is a beauty, still gotta figure out a name for it that the wife will approve of. I'm sure tomorrow I will get some pics, and hopefully the wife will put them on the computer and make them small enough to post on here. We have a super nice camera that takes super nice pics, but the file size is a wee bit large for posting! I know how to work the camera, but the editing program has my wife's name all over it. Well, I think I am slightly rambling at this point, surprised if any of you have made it this far into the post, most quit reading a while ago, so I will bid you farewell, onceagain thanks to West Hawk Marine, no offense, but I sure hope I don't have to see or talk to you for a while, since that will mean that everything is running A-OK! Oh yeah, that center tube ESP storage is huge!!! Gotta figure out how to keep things from banging around down there. The good news is if I need something out if the back corner, pretty sure the wife will fit in there. I will have to see if the wife fits in there. Goodnight all,

Derrick

Man, like a kid on Christmas morning!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

All Right Bulldog, enjoy it

Congrats on the new toon and have a great day boating! And be safe.

All the clues are there...ravishing red beauty, 200 SHO Yamaha, ESP package.

Sounds like you own Jessica Rabbit.

jessicahot-2.jpg
Very good point, it's got speed, grace, allure, makes curves that are never ending, BUT, something tells me my wife won't want to name it after another woman, cartoon or not! Haha

Derrick

Just loading up to head out now, and as an added bonus, my transport Canada registration number showed up in the mail 5 minutes ago!

Now that you got some pics up, we can all drool over one sweet lookin toon!

Congrats on the new toy, many good times to come.

By the way, how did you talk the wife into upgrading? :D

Bulldogs, that red looks bad a%$! Sweet looking boat. How did she run with the 200?

Really nice looking Bennington - that red is really sweet. Glad to see your dog likes it also!

Also in one picture (4314?) what is it that is between the boat and tow vehicle - looks like a ladder? Is it to the boat or on the trailer?

Bulldogs, that red looks bad a%$! Sweet looking boat. How did she run with the 200?
Nice looking rig there boss. Summers about over there isn't it ;- )

Name suggestion

Red Ryder or Red Rider

Back