Took the Plunge - 23LSB

Looks good! What speed have you been getting with that F200?

As for getting the boat late in the season, we are in Texas so we have plenty of time. :)
around 40mph running pretty hard......West Kentucky here so we've still got at least 3-4 months left as well

only one complaint so far, that arc'd ladder is one step too short!!!! i found the maker in these forums but wondering if there's an opinion on an amendment that would make it better

I like your helm switch setup better than my 22LSR. My toggle switches are doubled up and it’s annoying to remember which side is which. Went out two nights ago with what I thought was the NAV light switch, it was the anchor light. No rhyme or reason to the switch layout.

Your layout eliminates the “is it the left or right for the anchor light?”

I like your helm switch setup better than my 22LSR. My toggle switches are doubled up and it’s annoying to remember which side is which. Went out two nights ago with what I thought was the NAV light switch, it was the anchor light. No rhyme or reason to the switch layout.

it's so new i have no idea what theyre all for yet.......ive had so much time tied up in the SimRad and learning it

I can't quite see from his photo, but it looks like it's also the dual rocker nav-anchor light. Same with the auto-manual bilge pump switch dilemma.

It drives me nuts, which could be solved inexpensively with a label maker OR better yet my plan is to order some fancy pants laser etched rocker covers that not only identify which side is which, but text is also illuminated by the backlight. Run about $12 each.

Down the road I would like to go high end and get push button LED Bocatechs but that will be much more involved relocating switches to a central panel.

Well friends, she finally arrived:

signal-2021-09-10-161611_001.jpeg

My old 2001 GMC Sierra pulled it no problem, which I was a tad worried about.

We had a few issues, of course:

Gas gauge wasn't connected - fixed
Trim gauge wasn't working properly - fixed
Missing a drainage hose beneath the helm - fixed

The big one though was the prop. Thanks to everyone's advice here I knew the correct prop that was supposed to be on there: Reliance 15x14.5. I requested this on the buyers order but the dealer said this other prop, Power Tech (4 blade), would be better. Needless to say, it wasn't. On the water we were only getting to 5100 RPMs and ~35 mph. Luckily, when we went back for the other fixes, they put on my requested prop. Cant wait go test this new one out!

Anyways, there are always some hurdles, I've come to learn, but without all the knowledge I gained here I would've been much worse off!

Looking forward to many days on the lake with the family and thanks to Texas, we got a few months left!

Hope everyone has a great weekend boating!

Congratulations to both of you! Both boats look great.

Love Crispy Bacon. Yum! Ha, ha.

Saw that you got the Bimini Cable Stays - curious how you like them? Any pics?

We love spending everyone else’s money!

Saw that you got the Bimini Cable Stays - curious how you like them? Any pics?
My Bimini Cable Stays definitely added stability to the Bimini in wind, monsoons and WOT - the primary section of our lake is over 35 miles (my RV at one end, the Bar at the other), so fast is sometimes needed. We left the Bimini up all season, but they are easy to install and take down. My primary complaint is the bracket on the front deck - ultimately I will convert this to a recessed D ring or similar. That's a Large Box, Anchor 100' of rode and a wood tote - great combo - I just lay the rode in the tote as I pull it up. I get two of these in a middle seat (small and large).

Attachments

• Bimini Cable Stays2.jpg
    Bimini Cable Stays2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Bimini Cable Stays.jpg
    Bimini Cable Stays.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 39
Thanks! Nice set up - like the anchor tote combo as well - would love to find out where you got that as well

Thanks! Nice set up - like the anchor tote combo as well - would love to find out where you got that as well
Got them from Amazon. I am trying both the Canvas (it get's wet but so hot drys out quickly, slightly larger and better for Large) and the "Premium" which is a nylon with a vinyl coating on the inside so will hold water (again, so hot it drys out quickly) but is a bit small for the large Box and used for the small.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 14
Back