Torch Lake, MI

AWK

Reaction score
Curious if ther are any other Torch Lake batters here. Sure is a great spot!

AWK

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious if ther are any other Torch Lake batters here. Sure is a great spot!

AWK
I haven't towed my Bennie to Torch, but we used to get there a couple times a summer. When my kids were younger, we used to rent a slip for our big boat at Dewitt's on the Clam and hang out at the sandbar all weekend long. Dinners at the Dockside and breakfast buffets at a little bakery in Alden. Good times.

Same here. We've never been there with the Benny, but we used to take the race boat there on occasion. The sandbar is THE place to hang out. I can remember going through the Clam River as a kid, laying on the front of the boat and looking down into the water at the stumps. We used to go to Crystal too. We always went to the Hungry Tummy in Beulah for pizza. That was some 35 years ago. Good memories with my mom/dad/brother :)

We still go to Crystal Lake a few times a year. If fact, I may have seen you out on the water Goldnrod.

Same here. We've never been there with the Benny, but we used to take the race boat there on occasion. The sandbar is THE place to hang out. I can remember going through the Clam River as a kid, laying on the front of the boat and looking down into the water at the stumps. We used to go to Crystal too. We always went to the Hungry Tummy in Beulah for pizza. That was some 35 years ago. Good memories with my mom/dad/brother :)

We still go to Crystal Lake a few times a year. If fact, I may have seen you out on the water Goldnrod.
Have you launched at the new DNR ramp on the south side of Crystal? It just opened this spring. We are out most weekends. Please do let me know the next time you are in this neck of the woods. We can raft and hang out together.

That's a beautiful launch. Quite a workout going up the stairs to get the vehicle though. A kid with a golf cart could make a killing on the weekends giving rides to the top for "donations" LOL.

That's a beautiful launch. Quite a workout gluing up the stairs to get the vehicle though. A kid with a golf cart could make a killing on the weekends giving rides to the top for "donations" LOL.
A kid? I have been thinking a "retiree" could make a killing. A cart, a cooler and some cold boat sodas could keep an old guy fat and happy. I have just 3 years to go and I am hoping no one beats me to it!

Now that's a great idea! I've got just over 5 years to go myself. We love that area and would like to retire up there someday.

My wife and I spent the day on the sandbar last weekend. I think it would be a little to busy for me on this holiday weekend. The water is great, so clear. We boat mainly near our cabin, but the lake just doesn't compare. Torch being 18 miles long and connects to others just makes for more adventure. The Torch River launch is 22 miles from the cabin. Worth the drive.

AWK

When you start that franchisee, remember that the road pops have to be free but tips are very appreciated. We go to dinner and then ride the bar's bus to the minor league baseball game and they provide free beer on the bus. Keeps them legal and everybody ponies up to tip the driver. Life can be good when people are creative.

Our benny has been on Torch and Clam for the last 12 years. Great place to boat and swim! Have you taken the trip up the Grass River to Lake Bellaire?

Our benny has been on Torch and Clam for the last 12 years. Great place to boat and swim! Have you taken the trip up the Grass River to Lake Bellaire?
No, I have not yet. I was told that I can get to Lake Bellaire, not deep enough. But if you have done it, my 20 should not have an issue. I would really like to do that. I like cruising the Torch River.

AWK

No, I have not yet. I was told that I can get to Lake Bellaire, not deep enough. But if you have done it, my 20 should not have an issue. I would really like to do that. I like cruising the Torch River.

AWK
I've taken the grass river several time with no problems. I've also taken my taken my IO, just need to trim it up and stay in the middle. It takes about 45 minutes to get thru the no wake. Enjoy!

I've taken the grass river several time with no problems. I've also taken my taken my IO, just need to trim it up and stay in the middle. It takes about 45 minutes to get thru the no wake. Enjoy!
Just might try this this weekend. I going to drop in at the Skegemog Lake DNR site and up the Torch River. Thinking this may be my last weekend available.

AWK

Back