Tore Up Prop

Boomers dad

Reaction score
Well it finally happened. I was pulling away from the marina in an area I was unfamiler with when I spotted a large piece of concrete peeking out of the water :eek: . I swerved and missed the concrete but ended up in some rocks, chewed the heck out of my prop :angry: On the positive side I get to buy a new prop and see if I can get 1 mph more :p .

Picked up a Power Tech Ele 15 x 15 SS prop yesterday. I hope with the bigger dia I can get a little better low speed manuverability and gas mileage. I had a 14.375 x 15 Apollo so I don't expect much change on top end.

I want to know what your rpms are now and what you get after the prop change. I have a black stainless Yamaha prop in 15 X 15 and I can't get my esp boat with 150 yamaha over 5400 rpms with this prop. GPS speed with half tank of fuel " 30 Gallons" and 2 people is 37-38 mph.

With my Apollo I could get 5800 rpms 38 mph. I let you what I do with new one.

How tore up is the prop, is it repairable or a total loss? Was it aluminum or stainless? Any damage to the lower end or skeg?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skeg is fine so is lower end. I will be getting it repaired but I thought I would buy a replacement anyway. Always good to have a back up. Oh and it's stainless steel.

Tore my prop up 2nd week the boat was in the water. Never touched the skeg or anything. But it bent the prop shaft. expensive day.

Ouch Shmeg, I was fortunate I didn't tear up my shaft. Didn't get to try the new prop this weekend. The wife was sick so we didn't go to the lake. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and see how it does.

I'm not changing the prop for performance reasons the local prop guy had one in stock and at a good price. The nice thing is if the I don't like the Power Tech he will exchange it for me.

Back