Touchless Boat Cover canopy and fit to 2275RCWL

TomS

Reaction score
I'm considering a 2275RCW Limited with a Yamaha 250 SHO for delivery in the spring. Looking at the specs, deck length is 23'6" and 24'1" LOA and the Yamaha motor is about 38" front to back, so overall it is at least 27'6" total.

I'll have a Summit Marine HL4400 hydraulic lift with 3 sets of toon bunks, which operates similar to a cantilever lift.

The canopy I'm looking at is from Touchless Boat Covers and extends down on all 4 sides to the deck such that the boat/motor is completely inside. Inside width of the lift is 114", so 28' x 10' should be about right to completely over the back of the motor in down position. Summit has some similar canopy options available in the spring as well.

Any thoughts from RCW owners how much actual clearance I'd need, since I don't have access to a boat/motor combo to measure in person?

Does anyone have any experience with the Touchless brand covers?

I can't help you with measurments of the boat, but I notice quite a few touchless covers on our lake.

318-319" or 26'7" - 26'8" I have a 2275RCW with a 200 SHO in my driveway. That is right tight, so figure out whatever extra room you need around it on top of that.

Derrick

edit, that measurement is to the front of the rubrail, if you need it to cover the actual pontoons that stick out past the front deck, add 7.5" to that #

still Derrick

Last edited by a moderator:
318-319" or 26'7" - 26'8" I have a 2275RCW with a 200 SHO in my driveway. That is right tight, so figure out whatever extra room you need around it on top of that.

Derrick

edit, that measurement is to the front of the rubrail, if you need it to cover the actual pontoons that stick out past the front deck, add 7.5" to that #

still Derrick
Derrick,

Thanks SO much for doing that! I figured running around the in water demo boat on Wednesday with a tape measure, they might find that a little strange B)

Tom

Derrick,

Thanks SO much for doing that! I figured running around the in water demo boat on Wednesday with a tape measure, they might find that a little strange B)

Tom
No problem, that's what we do on here! People took lots of pics and measurements for me when I had ordered and was waiting for my boat, it's the least I can do to repay their help.

Derrick

You could snap some pics at the demo day, I'd love to see the tower boats, I see there is one on a GCW called something else. And if there is a pic of the RCWT, I didn't see it on the list that it will be there, but I assume there must be a pic or something of it.

I'm considering a 2275RCW Limited with a Yamaha 250 SHO for delivery in the spring. Looking at the specs, deck length is 23'6" and 24'1" LOA and the Yamaha motor is about 38" front to back, so overall it is at least 27'6" total.

I'll have a Summit Marine HL4400 hydraulic lift with 3 sets of toon bunks, which operates similar to a cantilever lift.

The canopy I'm looking at is from Touchless Boat Covers and extends down on all 4 sides to the deck such that the boat/motor is completely inside. Inside width of the lift is 114", so 28' x 10' should be about right to completely over the back of the motor in down position. Summit has some similar canopy options available in the spring as well.

Any thoughts from RCW owners how much actual clearance I'd need, since I don't have access to a boat/motor combo to measure in person?

Does anyone have any experience with the Touchless brand covers?

I have a 2012 RCW with a Yamaha 225 under a Touchless cover that is 28 feet long. The cover was installed about 3 years ago for another pontoon that was slightly longer than our RCW. It is plenty long for the RCW. The Touchless boat cover is the best thing we ever purchased for our boating. Our playpen cover is in our basement and has never been used.,

I have a 2012 RCW with a Yamaha 225 under a Touchless cover that is 28 feet long. The cover was installed about 3 years ago for another pontoon that was slightly longer than our RCW. It is plenty long for the RCW. The Touchless boat cover is the best thing we ever purchased for our boating. Our playpen cover is in our basement and has never been used.,
That is great to hear and thank you. I am in a seasonal climate in Indiana so what is required to take the vinyl off for winter, if it's possible?

Are you able to use the touchless cover during winter? (Ohio conditions).

Also, how does it work with bugs, critters, etc? It doesn't look like the sides pull tight enough to keep unwanted critters out?

I love the idea though!

Are you able to use the touchless cover during winter? (Ohio conditions).

Also, how does it work with bugs, critters, etc? It doesn't look like the sides pull tight enough to keep unwanted critters out?

I love the idea though!
I found some installations referenced in Michigan and we have a couple on our lake in Indiana, so the vinyl apparently comes on and off for the seasons. I don't know how difficult that might be though he cautioned that you should never do it with any wind at all. He also auger'd a pier post and tied the whole lift to it for when the boat was off to prevent the wind from blowing it over. It's like a giant parachute if the sides are down. It doesn't look like leaving it installed and operating it in winter is an option, though, if there is any snow load on it.

Some owners mentioned that spiders and other creatures are no different than any other canopy, i.e. always a problem. Another suggested something called "The Ultimate Boat Cover", which literally wraps the boat like a giant sock, so no critters get in there. Seems a bit of overkill, at least for me, but maybe for a big Fountain or a Skater cat covered in graphics, it makes some sense B)

I am in a seasonal climate as well - gets well below freezing during the winter. My Touchless cover is installed in my boathouse under a roof. I leave my boat under the cover year round. I believe removing the vinyl would be a tough job. There are loads of these covers around here and none are removed for the winter. You sometimes see spiders around the cover but I have never had a varmint or animal get in the pontoon. You should not leave anything such as a rope hanging down that a rat, mouse, etc. could climb up and get in the boat. The main drawback I have is that of pollen getting under the cover and on the boat during springtime, however, this can be easily removed and is a small price to pay for the time it saves not having to remove or install the playpen cover.

Back