tounge shorting

bassn429

Reaction score
Does anyone know how short i can make my toung on my trailer and still get a 90 deg. turn or jacknife if i need to. the meas. from the front of the toons to the coupler. The reason i'm asking is because we are dealing with inches with our set-up for MI state law on towing. We have a ford f-350 crew cab , 25' 5th wheel , and a 20sl with tandom axel we are trying to keep at 65' total length from front of truck to back of motor to stay at 65' or just above. Any help in this area would be great. Just dont want to cut the tounge to short and kink the new logs.

Does anyone know how short i can make my toung on my trailer and still get a 90 deg. turn or jacknife if i need to. the meas. from the front of the toons to the coupler. The reason i'm asking is because we are dealing with inches with our set-up for MI state law on towing. We have a ford f-350 crew cab , 25' 5th wheel , and a 20sl with tandom axel we are trying to keep at 65' total length from front of truck to back of motor to stay at 65' or just above. Any help in this area would be great. Just dont want to cut the tounge to short and kink the new logs.
Bassn429, I can't offer anything on the modification but can say from personal experiecne from my Uncle, be careful on the setup with the boat pushing the 5th wheel into a jacknife when he needed to make a sudden stop. It was his dream setup until the need occurred to suddenly stop. He quickly sold the 5th wheeler and never again attempted to pull a stretch setup. Good luck if you continue - and make sure the trailer has good surge breaks.

Back