Tow mirror mount location

bjpell

Reaction score
So where is this supposed to mount? To the electric bimini rail? It looks like the mount is semi permanent as it's held on with machine bolts. Not something to take on and off quickly. I was told that this mirror costs $500 from the dealership from the guy I bought the boat from, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Attachments

• PXL_20210412_223204265.jpg
    PXL_20210412_223204265.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20210412_223200346.jpg
    PXL_20210412_223200346.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 100
Best mirror you can get brotha! Well worth the money! Had ours for 12 yrs. High quality and highly durable! Just got the large size mirror from a PTM Edge rep on this forum. All I have to do is remove the smaller one and install the larger one. 2 faced tape is also used for installation for secure fit. The mirror is installed on that outer rail before the throttle. The mirror folds out of the way so you can put your cover on. Great product!!!https://photos.app.goo.gl/UWRJPCFuniXB6b8R7https://photos.app.goo.gl/1oA1QYXaGBXbJA2Q9

Last edited:
I did have one of those mirrors on my 2014 RCW . I now have a 2020 QCW with an electric bimini ,there is no place to mount that mirror

Thanks for the kind words BigKahuna! That is the PXR 100 pro combo. You will need a railing to attach the mount to. If you do not have one you will not be able to mount it. Not really sure where he got the $500 from but what you have is $299.95 retail and any Club Bennington member is always welcome to the 20% discount. We are graciously allowed to advertise the discount twice a year but the discount runs all year around.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words BigKahuna! That is the PXR 100 pro combo. You will need a railing to attach the mount to. If you do not have one you will not be able to mount it. Not really sure where he got the $500 from but what you have is $299.95 retail and any Club Bennington member is always welcome to the 20% discount. We are graciously allowed usually advertise the discount twice a year but the discount runs all year around.
I’ve been considering one. Is there a code to get the discount or how does one go about it?

Thanks for the kind words BigKahuna! That is the PXR 100 pro combo. You will need a railing to attach the mount to. If you do not have one you will not be able to mount it. Not really sure where he got the $500 from but what you have is $299.95 retail and any Club Bennington member is always welcome to the 20% discount. We are graciously allowed to advertise the discount twice a year but the discount runs all year around.
So it mounts on the outside of the rail? I'll have to take a look when it warms up again and try and out it on. Is there a quick release for stow away when not in use? I'd like to stow it with a cover over the mirror to protect it from scratching, and put it under the helm.

So it mounts on the outside of the rail? I'll have to take a look when it warms up again and try and out it on. Is there a quick release for stow away when not in use? I'd like to stow it with a cover over the mirror to protect it from scratching, and put it under the helm.
Correct, the outside of the rail but as per jack stated it will not mount with an electric bimini... The knob that is attached to the c mount that mounts to the rail will loose and tighten. If you loosen the knob it will lay pretty much flat in the boat and the mooring cover slides right over it. Just a turn of the knob and you can raise and lower the arm. If you would like to take it completely off the boat all you have to do is loosen the two set screws under the mount. Should be fairly easy.

So let me get this straight. The dealership sold this mirror to my buddy who originally bought the boat, and it won't even work with his boat... Is that correct?
If so, I'm going to give him the mirror and tell him to return it to the dealership and get his money back.

With the electric bimini ,if you mount it in front of the motor its too far back from the captains seat . If its is mounted on the other side of the motor its too far forward .

So let me get this straight. The dealership sold this mirror to my buddy who originally bought the boat, and it won't even work with his boat... Is that correct?
If so, I'm going to give him the mirror and tell him to return it to the dealership and get his money back.
I believe they have one that works in your cup holder if you have one on your helm that would work. Maybe he could exchange it and go with that. I bet Jibby - PTM could verify this for us. :)

It may be an honest mistake by the dealership, if so then they should take care of the situation if I bring it up with them. On the other hand, maybe I can bypass the dealership as It seems jibby ptm works for the mirror company.

Do you have an elevated helm . I do .I have no idea if it would fit with a standard helm .Just another thought .

Do you have an elevated helm . I do .I have no idea if it would fit with a standard helm .Just another thought .
FYI - When I was at the dealer and they had Benny's in stock (February 21), the access panels measured the same - the elevated helm only raised the sitting area, not the overall helm.

Mine is higher and it was also higher on my previous

If you shop around you can buy one elsewhere for $125-150
PTL is way over priced.

Mine looks just like one for 150
Big Air for 149

Back