Towing tubes

weather_dad

Reaction score
I'm new to boating. I have a 2275 gcw with a 90h motor. Wanted to know the best place to hook a tow line to pull the kids on a tube?

I'm new to boating. I have a 2275 gcw with a 90h motor. Wanted to know the best place to hook a tow line to pull the kids on a tube?
I have a 24SLI and assuming it's constructed the same way, I use a bridle which connects the tube to both rear connection points. The only other option was a $400 ski tow bar and I wanted to try the $15 solution first. Seems to work fine.

Shawn

Advice on here about this subject differs from person to person. Here is a link to another thread about this from another part of the forum. My link

I will offer the advice to check with your dealer as to the best solution to this.

Something I read on another site about this is that the eyes on the back of the pontoon are there for tie downs, not towing toys. The pontoons are not thick enough to support the stress of the toy. At least that was their concensus.

Hope this helps.

Advice on here about this subject differs from person to person. Here is a link to another thread about this from another part of the forum. My link

I will offer the advice to check with your dealer as to the best solution to this.

Something I read on another site about this is that the eyes on the back of the pontoon are there for tie downs, not towing toys. The pontoons are not thick enough to support the stress of the toy. At least that was their concensus.

Hope this helps.
The tow eyes on my boat are not on the pontoons, I agree that towing directly from the pontoon may not be a good idea.

Shawn

Back